As you have been loving my loaf cake recipes, I thought I’d start the year by adding this Nutella Bueno Loaf Cake to the collection. Nutella is a very popular ingredient on my blog too, and I have many recipes using it that are always well loved. This cake is a chocolate sponge with chopped roasted hazelnuts and Nutella mixed into the batter. Adding Nutella to the sponge has made this cake so fudgey and almost like a brownie sort of, anyway it’s so good! The buttercream is the same Nutella buttercream I’ve used on a few other Nutella recipes before and its so silky and heavenly. Honestly I wonder how it even makes it to the cakes sometimes because I could just eat it with a spoon! Finally on top are my favourite Kinder Bueno bar pieces!
Step by Step…
To make the cake I mixed together butter, caster sugar and Nutella. Then I whisked in eggs and milk.
Next I whisked in flour and cocoa powder, then I stirred in the roasted chopped hazelnuts. I poured the mixture into a lined loaf tin and baked it.
To decorate, I made a silky Nutella buttercream and I decided to pipe it on in a rose pattern. You can pipe it on in any way you like, or spread it on too. I added a broken up Kinder Bueno bar on top and some chocolate strand sprinkles too!
Tips for making the Nutella Bueno Loaf Cake:
- This cake needs a long bake on a low temperature, so don’t be unsure about the 1 hour baking time, it does need this long and it may even need a bit longer than this because it’s such a deep mixture. I’d say check it after 1 hour by inserting a thin skewer in the centre and seeing if it comes out clean or not, then give it an extra 5 to 15 minutes depending.
- I bought pre-prepared chopped roasted hazelnuts, which are totally optional in this recipe. You can roast and chop your own hazelnuts from scratch if you prefer.
- I LOVE Kinder Bueno bars so they were an easy choice for decorating this cake, but you could also decorate it with the Kinder chocolate bars, the Kinder Happy Hippos, Ferrero Rochers… anything chocolate and hazelnut would be yummy!
More Nutella recipes…
|Nutella Cake||Cherry & Nutella Chocolate Cake||Nutella Cheesecake Blondies|
|Nutella Bueno Cupcakes||Nutella Stuffed Cookies||Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls|
|Nutella Bueno Cheesecake (No Bake)||Nutella Popcorn|
Nutella Bueno Loaf Cake
Chocolate and hazelnut sponge, topped with Nutella buttercream and Kinder Bueno chocolates
For the sponge
- 200 g Butter or baking spread
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 100 g Nutella
- 4 Eggs large
- 185 g Self raising flour
- 15 g Cocoa powder
- 40 g Chopped roasted hazlenuts
- 1 tbsp Milk
For the buttercream
- 150 g Butter or baking spread
- 300 g Icing sugar
- 200 g Nutella
- 1 1/2 tbsp Milk
- 3 Kinder Bueno bars
- Chocolate strand sprinkles optional
Pre-heat the oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin
Mix together the butter and caster sugar using an electric mixer or a spoon until light and fluffy
Add the Nutella, eggs and milk and whisk in until smooth
Whisk in the flour and cocoa powder until fully combined
Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for an hour and 5 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool fully
To make the buttercream, use an electric mixer or a spoon to mix together the butter and icing sugar until they start to combine, then add the Nutella and milk and mix until smooth
Put it into a piping bag and pipe it onto the loaf cake, or spread on with a spoon or spatula
Decorate with the Kinder Bueno bars and some sprinkles too if you like!
Store in an airtight container in a cool place and eat within 3 days
NB. This post is NOT sponsored by Nutella – I just love their product!
If you like this, check out more of my Loaf Cake recipes!
Pin it for later!