Autumn is the season where apples really shine and they are so fab to bake with. My stepmum has an apple tree so I’m always in receipt of plenty of apples when October comes around. This year I’ve made a Spiced Caramel Apple Bundt Cake with brown sugar for that deep caramelised flavour. I’ve added plenty of Autumn spices, and chunks of fresh apple. Then I’ve drizzled the whole cake in caramel sauce. Drooling yet?! It’s Autumn in a cake, and is sure to warm you up on a cold night!
I mixed the light brown sugar and butter together, then I whisked in eggs and yoghurt.
Then I added flour, spices and apple chunks. I poured the batter into my bundt tin.
The cake baked for around an hour, I turned it out of the tin to cool fully.
To decorate, I poured caramel sauce all over the cake, then added dried apple slices.
Tips for making the Spiced Caramel Apple Bundt Cake:
– I always grease and flour my tin to ensure the bundt cake doesn’t stick. This means covering it well with butter then adding a dusting of flour. Pay attention to any small crevices your bundt tin may have and grease right in there. I wouldn’t recommend using a very intricate bundt tin for this cake because of the chunks of apple.
– Wait to peel and chop the apple till the last minute. Get everything mixed besides the flour and spices, then prepare the apple. Mix in the flour and spices, and then fold in the apple. This means the apple has a short time exposed to the air and is less likely to brown.
– You can toss the apple in a little bit of flour (about 1 tsp) to ensure it doesn’t sink if you are worried about this, but if the chunks are relatively small it should be ok without doing this.
– This cake can be frozen without the decoration. Wrap it well in baking paper, then a good few layers of cling film to prevent freezer burn.
More apple recipes…
|Apple Cake Traybake||Apple Crumble Baked Donuts||Apple Crumble Cheesecake (No Bake)|
|Apple Cinnamon Cake|
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £5.59Was: £8.00
Price: £6.30Was: £9.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: £2.49Was: £3.99
Spiced Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
Brown sugar, spices, apple chunks and caramel sauce - Autumn in a cake!
For the cake
- 250 g Butter or baking spread
- 300 g Light brown sugar
- 4 Eggs large
- 150 g Natural yoghurt
- 2 medium Apples Peeled, cored and diced
- 360 g Self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 175 g Good quality shop bought or homemade caramel sauce I used Carnation Caramel
- 11 pieces Dried apple you may need more or less depending on size
Pre-heat your oven to 150C Fan/170C/325F/Gas Mark 3, and grease and flour a large bundt tin
Mix the butter and sugar together until smooth
Add the eggs and yoghurt, and whisk in well
Add the self raising flour and all of the spices. Whisk in until you can't see any flour anymore
Gently mix in the apple pieces
Pour the batter into the tin
Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
Remove the cake from the tin by placing a cooling rack on top of the tin and flipping it over then removing the tin. You may need to run a knife around the edge and centre of the tin. Leave to cool completely
Once the cake is cool, warm the caramel for 30 seconds in the microwave then pour it over the cake, letting it drizzle down the sides
Decorate with the dried apple pieces
Serve immediately. Store leftovers an airtight container and eat within 3 days
Mixed spice is a British spice blend containing Cinnamon, Coriander Seed, Nutmeg, Clove, Pimento, Ginger. If you can't get hold of it, use a Pumpkin Spice mix instead
If you like this, check out more of my Cake recipes!
Pin it for later!