I really love puff pastry sheets, they’re so versatile and incredibly handy for rustling up a quick and tasty weeknight meal. My Butternut Squash, Leek & Stilton Tart is still a favourite in our house, but it has had to make way for this Asparagus, Pea & Mint Ricotta Tart now that the temperatures outside are rising! The asparagus looks so lovely and elegant arranged on top of this tart, and who can resist golden pastry?! So if you’re looking for a quick summer meal that’s fresh and tasty, plus vegetarian friendly too, then you’re in the right place.
Step by step…
To start I mixed the ricotta, egg, parmesan, thyme and lemon together until smooth. I spread it over the puff pastry sheet, leaving a 1 cm border around the edge.
Then I arrange the asparagus neatly on top, and sprinkled over some frozen peas. I baked the tart for around 20-25 minutes, until the pastry was golden and risen. I chopped up some mint and sprinkled it over the top.
You can serve the Asparagus, Pea & Mint Ricotta Tart immediately if you want to eat it warm, or let it cool then store in the fridge and serve cold at another time. It’s great for making one night, then it’s an easy dinner the next night as it’s already prepared!
This is such a yummy and fresh meal to enjoy over summer, and it’s so quick and simple to make too. Even my boyfriend, who doesn’t like asparagus, ate up a couple of slices! And my mum has already made the recipe herself at home too.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Baking trays||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Silicone Brush|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More puff pastry tart recipes…
|Butternut Squash, Leek & Stilton Tart||Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint|
Asparagus, Pea & Mint Ricotta Tart
- 1 Puff Pastry sheet
- 250 g Ricotta
- 1 Egg large
- 25 g Vegetarian friendly parmesan
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 175 g Asparagus
- 25 g Frozen 'petit pois' peas
- 5 leaves Fresh mint chopped
- A little milk for glazing
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C Fan/200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Take the pastry out of the fridge, un-package it but don't unroll it yet as it will need to come to room temperature before being rolled out otherwise it can crack
- Mix the ricotta, egg, parmesan, thyme and lemon together until they form a smooth paste
- Roll the pastry out onto a baking tray, if it doesn't come with baking paper make sure the tray is lined with it
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the puff pastry sheet, leaving a 1 cm border around the edge
- Arrange the asparagus neatly on top, trimming the ends if needed, and sprinkle over some frozen peas. Drizzle a little olive oil over the asparagus
- Use a pastry brush dipped in milk to glaze the 1cm border
- Bake the tart for around 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden and risen
- Chop up the mint leaves and sprinkle them over the tart
- Serve hot, or allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for up to 2 days. You can re-heat the tart or serve it cold
If you like this, check out more of my Savoury recipes!
Pin for later!