I posted a photo of these cookies on my Instagram and asked if you wanted the recipe, and the answer was an outstanding yes! So here it is, my recipe for delicious Chocolate Orange Cookies. These are the kind of cookies that are crispy around the edge and soft in the centre, basically the perfect cookie in my opinion! There’s plenty of chocolate orange flavour in the cookie dough, as well as cocoa powder and orange extract, I also mixed in some melted chocolate orange. Each one has it’s own segment of Terry’s chocolate orange in the centre too, which is not only incredibly tasty, but it’s such an easy decoration for these cookies too!
Step by step…
To make the cookie dough, I mixed together butter and caster sugar. Then I mixed in orange extract and egg.
Next, I mixed in plain flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Finally, I stirred in some melted Terry’s chocolate orange.
I rolled the dough into balls with my hands, then flattened them a little and placed them onto lined baking trays. I baked them for 10 minutes, then took them out and put a segment of Terry’s chocolate orange on top, and then put them back in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Baking trays||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Orange extract||Terry’s Chocolate Orange|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Tips for making the Chocolate Orange Cookies:
- If you can’t hold of any orange extract, you can use the zest of one orange instead.
- You will need 1 whole Terry’s chocolate orange for this recipe.
- These cookies freeze great, I seal them in a freezer bag and then either defrost at room temperature or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds on high.
- If you’re wondering how all of my cookies look exactly the same. Well, I am a bit OCD when it comes to cookies! I like them to be the same size, so I weigh the cookie dough and divide by 16, then I weigh each ball of cookie dough to make sure they’re the same size. You don’t have to do this, but it is rather satisfying, if you like that kind of thing!
More chocolate orange recipes…
Chocolate Orange Cookies
Chocolate orange flavoured cookies with a Terry's chocolate orange segment on top
For the cookies
- 125 g Butter or baking spread
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tsp Orange extract
- 170 g Plain flour
- 30 g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 4 segments Terry's chocolate orange melted
- 16 segments Terry's chocolate orange
Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a few baking trays (or however many you own) with baking paper
Mix the butter and caster sugar together with a spoon in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy
Add the egg and orange extract, and mix them in
Mix in the plain flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
Mix in the melted chocolate orange
Roll balls of the cookie dough between your hand, flatten them a little and place onto your lined baking trays, leave space between the cookies as they will spread
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and place a segment of Terry's chocolate orange on top of each one, then put back in the oven and bake for 2 more minutes
Remove the cookies from the oven, leave them on the tray for at least 5 minutes before carefully removing and placing on racks to cool fully
Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. They also be frozen
- You will need one whole Terry's chocolate orange for this recipe.
- If you can't hold of any orange extract, you can use the zest of one orange instead.
NB. This post is NOT in anyway sponsored by Terry’s – I just love their product!
If you like this, check out more of my Cookie recipes!
Pin it for later!
I’m linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share hosted by Apply To Face Blog.