I am constantly looking for ways to use up ingredients as I really hate wasting food. Apricot jam is one of those things I use in very small quantities when baking, usually for glazing or sticking fondant to sponge, but I always have to buy a whole jar. These Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Squares are a great way to use up about ¾ of a jar of apricot (or any other flavour) jam!
Step by step...
To make the base I used a food processor to make crumbs out of the digestive biscuits. I added the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mixed well. I pressed the mixture into a lined baking pan. It baked for 10 minutes.
To make the filling I whisked together the cream cheese, caster sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
I poured the filling over the base, and then added blobs of apricot jam all over. I used a knife to swirl it around until a pretty pattern formed.
It baked for 30 minutes until it had set fully and only had a slight wobble. Once fully cool, I cut it into squares.
The Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Squares were so delicious! Everything came together really well, the crust and the filling were both really yummy and well balanced. I was really pleased. My boyfriend loved it as did my colleagues and friends. This is such a fantastic and delicious recipe for using up jam and I will definitely be making it again next time I have leftover apricot jam!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Traybake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Electric hand mixer||Food processor|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Squares
For the biscuit base
- 300 g Digestive biscuits
- 100 g Butter or baking spread melted
For the cheesecake topping
- 600 g Full fat cream cheese
- 2 Eggs large
- 115 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ jar of Apricot jam or other flavour
- Grease and line a 12" x 9" tin, pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Use a food processor to make fine crumbs out of the digestive biscuits. You could also smash them in a bowl with a rolling pin
- Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 10 minutes
- To make the filling, whisk together the cream cheese, caster sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract using an electric whisk or stand mixer
- Pour the filling over the base, then add blobs of the apricot jam all over. Use a butter knife to swirl it around
- Bake for 30 minutes until it has set fully and only has a slight wobble. Leave to cool fully, then chill in the fridge
- To serve, cut into squares. Keep any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days
If you like this, check out more of my Cheesecake recipes!
Pin for later!