I am constantly looking for ways to use up ingredients as I really hate wasting food. Apricot jam is one of those things I use in very small quantities when baking, usually for glazing or sticking fondant to sponge, but I always have to buy a whole jar. These Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Squares are a great way to use up about ¾ of a jar of apricot (or any other flavour) jam! They have a buttery biscuit base and a creamy baked cheesecake filling. They're easy to make in a traybake tin too!
For the full recipe with measurements, head to the recipe card at the end of this post.
How to make Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Squares
To make the base, use a food processor to make crumbs out of the digestive biscuits. Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press the mixture into a lined baking pan. Then bake it for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
To make the filling, whisk together the cream cheese, caster sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour the filling over the base, and then add spoonfuls of apricot jam all over. Use a butter knife to swirl it around until a pretty pattern forms. Bake for 30 minutes until it is set fully and only has a slight wobble. Cool fully, then chill in the fridge, cut it into squares to serve.
If you have any questions about this recipe, or if something went wrong and you need help, please use the comment form below and I will get back to you. You can also get in touch with me on my Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. I'd love to hear from you!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Squares
For the biscuit base
- 300 g Digestive biscuits
- 100 g Butter or baking spread melted
For the cheesecake topping
- 600 g Full fat cream cheese
- 2 Eggs large
- 115 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 400 g Apricot jam or other flavour
- Grease and line a 12" x 9" tin, pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Use a food processor to make fine crumbs out of the digestive biscuits. You could also smash them in a bowl with a rolling pin
- Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 10 minutes
- To make the filling, whisk together the cream cheese, caster sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract using an electric whisk or stand mixer
- Pour the filling over the base, then add blobs of the apricot jam all over. Use a butter knife to swirl it around
- Bake for 30 minutes until it has set fully and only has a slight wobble. Leave to cool fully, then chill in the fridge
- To serve, cut into squares. Keep any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days