When it comes to cookies, these Double Chocolate Cookies are my absolute favourites! I've made them so many times I've lost count, as this recipe is so easy and the cookies are SO tasty. They are also a big family favourite in my house, and my friends and colleagues love them too. The cookie dough is made with melted dark chocolate for extra chocolatey richness, and they are sprinkled with white chocolate chips. This is one cookie recipe you are bound to make again and again!
How to make Double Chocolate Cookies...
To make the cookie dough I mixed together light brown sugar and butter. Then I added egg and vanilla extract and mixed well.
I added self raising flour and cocoa powder and mixed it in. Then I added melted dark chocolate. Finally I added white chocolate chips. Then I chilled the mixture for 15 minutes in the fridge.
I rolled the cookie dough out into balls and flattened them down with my hands, then placed them onto a lined baking tray. I baked them for 10 minutes.
The Double Chocolate Cookies are really good warm so dig in! The great thing about this recipe is it's so flexible. You can add milk or dark chocolate chips instead, or even nuts or dried fruit. You could also try M&Ms or Smarties!
These Double Chocolate Cookies really are a family favourite, I have fond memories of my Nana's love for these cookies, my stepsister makes them for her son and they are one of my boyfriend's favourite bakes of mine, and my colleagues love them too. These cookies have to be tried!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
- 150 g Dark chocolate melted
- 175 g Light brown sugar
- 75 g Butter
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 g Self raising flour
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- 150 g White chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a couple of baking trays (or however many you own) with baking paper
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of shallow water on a very low heat. Make sure the water does not touch the bowl. Or you can melt it in the microwave, start with a 30 second blast then continue with 10 second blasts, stirring in between, until it's fully melted
- In a bowl mix together the light brown sugar and butter
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well
- Add the self raising flour and cocoa powder and mix in
- Then pour in the melted dark chocolate and mix well
- Add the chocolate chips. then cover the bowl and chill the mixture for 15 minutes in the fridge
- Scoop the mixture out with a spoon or your hands and roll each piece into a ball and flatten it down a little with your hands. Place onto the lined baking trays. Leave space in between them as they will expand when baking
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. The timing will depend on your oven, so aim for 10 minutes, then adjust as needed. They will come out of the oven very soft and will seem unbaked, but then will harden up as they cool
- Leave them on the tray for at least 5 minutes to harden, then move to a cooling rack
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days, they can also be frozen
If you like this, check out more of my Cookie recipes!
Pin it for later