Step by step…
I started by melting the butter and golden caster sugar on a low heat. Once it was melted, I took it off the heat and stirred in the white chocolate.
I let it cool for 5 minutes then whisked in eggs and vanilla extract. Then I stirred in plain flour and the white chocolate chips.
I poured the mixture into a lined baking pan and sprinkled the biscuits on top. They baked for 30 minutes and I left them to cool in the tin.
How do you know when the Golden Oreo Blondies are baked?
I bake them in my oven on 160C Fan for 30 minutes until they are golden brown all over like in the photos. Using a skewer inserted in the centre doesn’t give a clear indication that they are done because blondies are meant to be gooey and almost a little under cooked. Blondies are the white chocolate version of brownies and they are not like cake. They will also set more as they cool down, wait until they are cool to remove them from the tin.
What white chocolate should I use?
I have made this recipe using both supermarket own brand white chocolate and Callebaut callets. If you use a better quality chocolate, it will improve the flavour. But of course supermarket own brands are great for keeping costs down. I would advise avoiding cooking or baking chocolate, and also I don’t recommend using Milky Bar.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Traybake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Golden Oreos|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Golden Oreo recipes…
|Golden Oreo Cheesecake|
Golden Oreo Blondies
- 200 g Butter
- 300 g Golden caster sugar
- 150 g White chocolate broken into chunks
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250 g Plain flour
- 75 g White chocolate chips
- 1 packet (154g) Golden Oreos broken up into chunks
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 12" x 9" traybake tin
- Melt the butter and golden caster sugar in a pan on a low heat until the butter is melted
- Remove from the heat and add the white chocolate, leave it for a few minutes for the chocolate to melt, then stir together. Leave the mixture to cool for 5 minutes
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract into the mixture
- Stir in the plain flour, then stir in the white chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture into the tin and sprinkle the Golden Oreos on top
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown all over. Using a skewer inserted in the centre doesn’t give a clear indication that they are done because blondies are meant to be gooey and almost a little under cooked. Blondies are the white chocolate version of brownies and they are not like cake. They will also set more as they cool down, wait until they are cool to remove them from the tin and slice into pieces
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place and eat within 3 days
- 135g Butter
- 200g Golden caster sugar
- 100g White chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla
- 150g Plain flour
- 50g White chocolate chips
- 2/3rds of a packet of Golden Oreos (or more if you prefer!)
If you like this, check out more of my Blondie recipes!
Pin it for later!