We all know the classic Oreo biscuit, which is a hit world wide with chocolate lovers. But if you prefer vanilla over chocolate, then Golden Oreos are the answer! These Golden Oreo Blondies are a great way to showcase these yummy biscuits. They are sweet and gooey, and every other bite you come across a chunk of white chocolate or a piece of golden oreo. The Golden Oreo Blondies are crowd pleasing treat and so easy to make, which really is the perfect bake in my opinion!
How to make Golden Oreo Blondies
Start by melting the butter and golden caster sugar in a pan on a low heat. Once it is melted, take it off the heat and stir in the white chocolate.
Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes then whisk in eggs and vanilla extract. Then stir in plain flour and white chocolate chips.
Pour the mixture into a lined baking pan and sprinkle the biscuits on top. Bake for 30 minutes and leave to cool in the tin.
How do you know when the Golden Oreo Blondies are baked?
I bake them in my oven on 160C Fan for 30 minutes until they are golden brown all over like in the photos. Using a skewer inserted in the centre doesn’t give a clear indication that they are done because blondies are meant to be gooey and almost a little under cooked. Blondies are the white chocolate version of brownies and they are not like cake. They will also set more as they cool down, wait until they are cool to remove them from the tin.
What white chocolate should I use?
I have made this recipe using both supermarket own brand white chocolate and Callebaut callets. If you use a better quality chocolate, it will improve the flavour. But of course supermarket own brands are great for keeping costs down. I would advise avoiding cooking or baking chocolate, and also I don’t recommend using Milky Bar.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Golden Oreo recipes...
Golden Oreo Blondies
- 200 g Butter
- 300 g Golden caster sugar
- 150 g White chocolate broken into chunks
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250 g Plain flour
- 75 g White chocolate chips
- 1 packet (154g) Golden Oreos broken up into chunks
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 12" x 9" traybake tin
- Melt the butter and golden caster sugar in a pan on a low heat until the butter is melted
- Remove from the heat and add the white chocolate, leave it for a few minutes for the chocolate to melt, then stir together. Leave the mixture to cool for 5 minutes
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract into the mixture
- Stir in the plain flour, then stir in the white chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture into the tin and sprinkle the Golden Oreos on top
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown all over. Using a skewer inserted in the centre doesn’t give a clear indication that they are done because blondies are meant to be gooey and almost a little under cooked. Blondies are the white chocolate version of brownies and they are not like cake. They will also set more as they cool down, wait until they are cool to remove them from the tin and slice into pieces
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place and eat within 3 days
- 135g Butter
- 200g Golden caster sugar
- 100g White chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ tsp Vanilla
- 150g Plain flour
- 50g White chocolate chips
- ⅔rds of a packet of Golden Oreos (or more if you prefer!)