Step by step…
To make the base I used my food processor to whizz up the biscuits into crumbs. I mixed in the melted butter and pressed the mixture into the bottom of a 23cm springform tin. I put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
For the cheesecake filling I used my electric hand whisk to mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Once it was smooth with no lumps I added the double cream and whisked until it was very thick and held it’s shape.
I smoothed the mixture into the tin on top of the biscuit base, then put it in the fridge overnight to set. I melted white chocolate and drizzled it all over the cheesecake. Then I decorated with whipped cream and more Golden Oreos.
How do you remove a no bake cheesecake from the tin?
To see step by step photos and a video showing you how to remove a no bake cheesecake from the tin, as well as the answers to lots of other common no bake cheesecake questions, check out my How to make a No Bake Cheesecake guide!
How do I make sure the cheesecake sets?
When you’re mixing the filling, you want it to get to a stage where you can scoop some up with your spatula or spoon and you have to give it a tap on the side of the bowl or slight flick of the wrist to get the mixture off the spoon. If it’s sloppy and slides right off the spoon without any encouragement needed, then you need to mix it more. Always use an electric mixer for best results. It’s also very important to use full fat cream cheese and double cream (heavy cream), as any low fat versions will affect the setting of the cheesecake. I always set my cheesecake overnight in the fridge, I’d suggest a minimum of 4 hours.
Tips for making the Golden Oreo Cheesecake:
- If you can’t find Golden Oreos for this cheesecake, you can use Custard Creams instead!
- You can also swap the Golden Oreos for regular chocolate Oreos, and drizzle with dark or milk chocolate instead.
- If you want to use digestive biscuits for the base instead, use 300g of biscuits and 135g melted butter.
- It is important that you use full fat cream cheese and double cream for the cheesecake filling, and whisk it to the stage described above, otherwise it won’t set.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|23cm Springform tin||Mixing bowls||Electric hand mixer|
|Kitchen scales||Food processor||Piping bags|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Golden Oreo recipes…
|Golden Oreo Blondies|
Golden Oreo Cheesecake (No Bake)
For the base
- 308 g Golden Oreos (2 x 154g packs)
- 100 g Butter melted
For the cheesecake filling
- 750 g Full fat cream cheese
- 125 g Icing sugar
- 300 ml Double cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 ml Double cream
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 75 g White chocolate melted
- 154 g Golden Oreos (1 x 154g pack)
- To make the base use a food processor to whizz up the golden oreos into crumbs, or gently crush them with a rolling pin in a bowl
- Mix in the melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a 23cm springform tin. Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to set
- For the cheesecake filling use a food mixer with a whisk attachment or an electric hand whisk to mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract until smooth with no lumps
- Add the double cream and whisk until it is very thick and holds it's shape
- Smooth the mixture into the tin on top of the biscuit base, then put it in the fridge overnight, or for at least 4 hours, to set
- Remove from the tin and put on your serving plate. Smooth the sides with a butter knife to create a neater finish
- Drizzle over half of the melted white chocolate
- Whip up the double cream with the icing sugar and vanilla, and pipe it all around the edges of the cheesecake
- Add Golden Oreos all around the edge, then crumble up the rest and sprinkle them in the centre of the cheesecake. Drizzle the remaining white chocolate all over the cheesecake
- Serve immediately, store any leftovers in the fridge and eat within 2-3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Cheesecake recipes!
Pin it for later!