I remember reading a couple of years ago that the Co-op sold more prosecco than milk in the week leading up to Christmas. It just shows how much we love a tasty glass of fizz at this time of year! These Prosecco & Strawberry Cupcakes are a perfect way to celebrate over the festive season and an even better way to ring in the new year! I think they would go down a storm at a new year’s eve party! The prosecco flavour comes from a flavouring extract I got in Sainsburys. It’s amazing how much it tastes and smells like prosecco! I’ve seen other extracts around the web and I’ve heard that Lakeland also do a ready made prosecco buttercream. My Prosecco & Strawberry Cupcakes are filled with strawberry jam and topped with a fresh strawberry plus some gold star sprinkles to make them look ready for a party!
How to make Prosecco & Strawberry Cupcakes…
To make the sponge I creamed together the butter and caster sugar. Then I added the eggs and prosecco extract, and whisked everything together.
Finally I whisked in the flour. I separated the mixture between the cupcake cases. I used rose gold shiny ones for extra glamour! They baked on 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes.
Once they were fully cool I used a cupcake corer to make a hole in the centre of each cake, then I filled the hole with strawberry jam.
To make the buttercream I mixed together the icing sugar, butter and prosecco extract until it was smooth. I piped it on top of each cupcake.
I added the fresh strawberries and gold star sprinkles and the Prosecco & Strawberry Cupcakes were ready to party!
These Prosecco & Strawberry Cupcakes were absolutely yummy! The fruity jam centre is so delicious, and the prosecco flavour from the extract is stunningly similar to the real thing. They are sure to make any party extra special and glamorous. Serve with a glass of prosecco, of course!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
|Gold star sprinkles||Rose gold cupcake cases||Cupcake corer|
|Jem 1E Piping nozzle||Wilton 1M Piping nozzle|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Strawberry recipes…
|Prosecco & Strawberry Cake||Strawberries & Cream Cheesecake (No Bake)||Strawberries & Cream Cake|
Prosecco & Strawberry Cupcakes
For the sponge
- 175 g Butter or baking spread
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 175 g Self raising flour
- 2 tsp Prosecco extract see notes
For the buttercream
- 400 g Icing sugar
- 200 g Butter or baking spread
- 2 tsp Prosecco extract see notes
Decoration & Filling
- 12 Fresh strawberries
- 200 g Strawberry Jam
- Gold star sprinkles optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a muffin tin with cupcake cases
- To make the sponge, creamed together the butter and caster sugar using a wooden or silicone spoon until fully combined and fluffy
- Add the eggs and prosecco extract, and whisk everything together until smooth
- Whisk in the flour until fully mixed in
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases
- Baked them for 20 minutes, or until golden and a thin skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let them cool fully
- Use a cupcake corer or a knife to make a hole in the centre of each cake, then fill the holes with the strawberry jam
- To make the buttercream, mix together the icing sugar, butter and prosecco extract until smooth. Put into a piping bag fitted with your chosen nozzle and pipe it on top of each cupcake
- Add the fresh strawberries and gold star sprinkles on top and you are ready to party!
If you like this, check out more of my Cupcake recipes!
Pin for later!