Step by step...
I started by dicing up fresh strawberries, then I added flour and mixed in, to ensure they wouldn't sink when baking.
In a large bowl, I stirred together self raising flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
I added almond milk (or you can use regular milk), melted butter and eggs.
I gently folded in the strawberries and caster sugar.
The mixture divided between 23 cupcake cases.
I baked them on 180C/160C Fan/325F/Gas Mark 3 for 25 minutes until golden brown, then left them to cool.
To make the buttercream I mixed together butter and icing sugar.
I then added Nutella, double cream and vanilla extract.
Using a piping bag, I piped it onto the Strawberry Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream and sprinkled some pink heart sprinkles on top. The Strawberry Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream are perfectly moist with a delightful strawberry flavour, and the buttercream is absolutely delicious! It's just the right amount of Nutella flavour. These would be such a perfect treat for any of your loved ones on Valentine's Day.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
|Jem 1E Piping nozzle||Red cupcake cases||Nutella spread|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Strawberry Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream
For the cupcakes
- 400 g Fresh strawberries
- 480 g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 285 ml Almond milk
- 225 g Butter melted
- 2 Eggs large
- 285 g Caster sugar
For the buttercream
- 300 g Icing sugar
- 200 g Nutella
- 150 g Butter
- 3 tbsp Double cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/325F/Gas Mark 3, line a muffin tray with cupcake cases
- Dice up the fresh strawberries. Add 1 heaped tsp flour and mix in, to ensure they won't sink to the bottom when baking
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon
- Add the almond milk (or you can use regular milk), melted butter and eggs
- Gently fold in the strawberries and the caster sugar. Fill the cupcake cases with the mixture
- Bake them for 25 minutes until golden brown, then leave them to cool
- To make the buttercream, mix together the butter and icing sugar
- Then add the Nutella, double cream and vanilla extract. Pipe onto the cupcakes using a piping bag and nozzle of your choice, then add sprinkles as desired
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Cupcake recipes!
Pin for later!