These White Chocolate & Pecan Spiced Cookies are THE perfect Autumn cookie! I honestly could eat a whole batch they are so tasty – and I nearly did! They are brown sugar cookies with the flavours of autumn spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Then I’ve packed them with sweet white chocolate chips and crunchy chopped pecans. The cookies are lovely and soft in the centre, with a crispy edge, making them the perfect cookie texture. I’ve also gone ahead and drizzled a sweet cinnamon icing over them because, yum!
To make the cookies I mixed butter and light brown sugar together, then I added egg and vanilla extract.
I mixed in flour, baking powder and mixed spice, then I added about two thirds of the white chocolate chips and chopped pecans. I divided the dough, placed pieces onto lined baking trays and I pressed some more white chocolate chips and chopped pecans into the top before baking them.
When they were baked and cooled, I made a cinnamon icing and drizzled it over the White Chocolate & Pecan Spiced Cookies for extra spice and sweetness.
Tips for making the White Chocolate & Pecan Spiced Cookies:
– If you’re a neat freak like me and like your cookies to be all the same size and very uniform, you can weigh the dough and divide it by 16, then seperate it into equal pieces and roll it gently between your palms before placing it on the baking sheet. For the more relaxed baker, just dollop bits of dough onto the lined baking tray in any size you like.
– Mixed spice is a British spice blend containing Cinnamon, Coriander Seed, Nutmeg, Clove, Pimento, Ginger. If you can’t get hold of it, use a Pumpkin Spice mix instead. Or try 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 ground ginger, 1/4 ground nutmeg, 1/4 ground cloves.
– Let the cookies cool on the baking tray for at least 5 minutes (nearer to 10 minutes is ideal) before trying to move them onto a cooling rack. Otherwise they will be too soft and will break.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: Out of stock
Price: Out of stock
Price: Check on Amazon
White Chocolate & Pecan Spiced Cookies
Spiced cookies with white chocolate chips, chopped pecans and a cinnamon icing drizzle
For the cookies
- 125 g Butter or baking spread
- 200 g Light brown sugar
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Mixed spice
- 200 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 50 g White chocolate chips
- 50 g Pecans chopped up
For the decoration
- 75 g Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 10 ml Water You may not need it all, or you may need a little more
Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a few baking trays (or however many you own) with baking paper
Mix the butter and light brown sugar together in a large bowl using a spoon
Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix them in until well combined
Mix in the plain flour, baking powder and mixed spice
Then mix in the pecans and white chocolate chips, reserving about a a quarter of them
Spoon blobs of the mixture onto your lined baking trays, you can shape them with your hands for a neater finish. Leave space between the cookies as they will spread
Push the reserved pecans and white chocolate chips in the tops of the cookie dough blobs
Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until they are golden brown, leave them on the tray for at least 5 minutes before carefully removing and placing on racks to cool fully
Once the cookies are fully cool, mix the decoration ingredients together. Add the water slowly as you may not need it all. I like to put the icing into a small piping bag to control the drizzle, or you can use a fork and flick it over the cookies
Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. They can also be frozen without the decoration
Mixed spice is a British spice blend containing Cinnamon, Coriander Seed, Nutmeg, Clove, Pimento, Ginger. If you can't get hold of it, use a Pumpkin Spice mix instead
If you like this, check out more of my Cookie recipes!
Pin it for later!