If you are looking for the ultimate chocolate indulgence then you have found it with these Lindt Chocolate Cupcakes! I absolutely love Lindt truffles, a box of them in my house disappears pretty quickly! The cupcakes have a whole Lindt truffle baked into the sponge, then they're topped with a chocolate infused buttercream and another Lindt truffle.
I freeze the truffles before baking them into the sponge, they melt into the sponge and the chocolate flavour goes all the way through and gives the sponge a gooey chocolate base. The buttercream has melted chocolate mixed into it for a luxurious melt in the mouth experience - very much like the Lindt truffle decoration on top!
How to make Lindt Chocolate Cupcakes...
To make the cupcake sponge I mixed together butter and caster sugar, then added eggs and milk, and whisked them in.
I mixed in cocoa powder, self raising flour and baking powder, then divided the mixture between the cupcake cases. Then I placed a frozen Lindt Lindor chocolate truffle into each one.
I baked the cupcakes for 20 minutes, then left them to cool completely before topping with buttercream, a Lindt truffle and sprinkles.
Tips for making the Lindt Chocolate Cupcakes:
- You can use other Lindt Lindor chocolates to top the cupcakes if you like, but I recommend only using the truffle ones for the cupcake sponge.
- I used Lindt dark chocolate for the buttercream, but you can use any chocolate you prefer it doesn't have to be Lindt and you could also use milk chocolate too.
- If you want to make a classic chocolate buttercream instead, you can use 200g Butter, 350 Icing sugar, 50g Cocoa powder and 1 ½ tbsp milk.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
|Jem 1E Piping nozzle||Red foil cupcake cases||Lindt Lindor Truffles|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Lindt Chocolate Cupcakes
For the sponge
- 175 g Butter
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- A pinch of Baking powder
- 150 g Self raising flour
- 12 Lindt Lindor milk chocolate truffles frozen
For the buttercream
- 200 g Butter
- 400 g Icing sugar
- 100 g Dark chocolate, melted I used Lindt 70% dark chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- 12 Lindt Lindor milk chocolate truffles
- Sprinkles optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases
- Make the cupcake sponge by mixing together the butter and the caster sugar until smooth and fluffy
- Add the eggs and milk and whisk in well
- Add the self raising flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and whisk in
- Divide the mixture between the cupcakes cases, then place one Lindt Lindor truffle in the middle of each one
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes. Put them on a cooling rack to cool completely
- To make the buttercream, mix together the butter and icing sugar with a spoon or electric hand whisk, when it starts to come together, add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth, then mix in the milk. if the buttercream is too stiff then you can add a little more milk
- Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake, or spread on with a spoon, then add another Lindt Lindor on top and sprinkles if using
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
NB. This post is not paid for or sponsored by Lindt - I just love their product!
If you like this, check out more of my Cupcake recipes!
Pin it for later!