This yummy Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint pairs together fresh mint with creamy cheesecake and sweet juicy peaches. It is the perfect summer dessert and it would be a fabulous make ahead option for a dinner party or BBQ. It's so easy to make as well with ready made pastry and pre-prepared peaches, there's hardly any work required! And all the better so you can get to the best bit - eating it!
Step by step...
I used a sheet of ready made puff pastry for the base, I went for Jus Roll Light as I've used it many times before. Once it had come to room temperature I rolled it out onto a baking tray.
I drained the sliced peaches and put them on some kitchen towel. I also put more kitchen towel over the top and pressed out any excess moisture.
For the cheesecake topping I whisked together 150g full fat cream cheese and 50g caster sugar until smooth. Then I added 1 egg and ½ tsp vanilla extract and whisked again until smooth.
I spread the cheesecake mixture out onto the pastry using a palette knife.
Then I added the peach slices in a neat design, and I glazed the edges of the pastry with some beaten egg.
I baked it on 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 for 25 minutes, then left it to cool completely before sprinkling 6 chopped up mint leaves all over.
I could've eaten this whole Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint myself it was so delicious... And I nearly did!
The only struggle you might face with making this Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint is sharing it!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Baking trays||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Electric hand mixer|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More puff pastry tart recipes...
|Asparagus, Pea & Mint Ricotta Tart||Butternut Squash, Leek & Stilton Tart|
Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (320g)
- 150 g Full fat cream cheese
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg large
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 300g Tinned sliced peaches (1 and a half 410g cans)
- 6 Fresh mint leaves
- Beaten egg or milk for glazing
- Pre heat the oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and if chilled, let the pastry come to room temperature
- Roll the pastry out onto a baking tray, if the pastry doesn't come with baking paper then line the tray first
- Drain the sliced peaches and put them on a plate or tray lined with a few pieces of kitchen towel. Use a few more pieces of kitchen towel to press out any excess moisture from the top
- For the cheesecake topping whisk together the full fat cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk again until smooth
- Spread the cheesecake mixture out onto the pastry using a palette knife, leaving about 1cm gap around the edge
- Add the peach slices on top of the cheesecake mixture in a neat design, then brush the gap around the edge of the pastry with the beaten egg or milk
- Bake it for 25 minutes, then leave it to cool completely before sprinkling 6 chopped up mint leaves all over it
If you like this, check out more of my Sweet Tarts & Pies recipes!
Pin for later!