If you're look for an easy yet impressive dessert then this Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart tickes all the boxes! The base is a ready made puff pastry sheet, yummy chocolate spread is slathered on top, then you've got caramelised bananas and generous dollops of marshmallow fluff, plus a sprinkle of hazelnuts. It's sweet, gooey and crispy heaven!
How to make a Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart...
Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a baking tray, score a border with a sharp knife about 1-2cm thick and prick the middle all over with a fork. Bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden. Meanwhile, make the caramelised bananas by melting the sugar in a frying pan, then adding the banana slices and coating them in the melted sugar.
If the centre of the puff pastry rises too much, re-score the border and press the middle down with the back of a spoon. Add the Nutella while the pastry is still warm. Add spoonfuls all over and once they start to melt, spread it out to cover the pastry. Then add the bananas and spoonfuls of the marshmallow fluff. Use a kitchen blowtorch to brown the marshmallow, then sprinkle the hazelnuts all over.
What can you serve with this dessert?
The tart would go so well with a scoop of ice cream on top! I also wouldn't turn down a dollop of whipped cream.
Can you use any other type of pastry?
Unless you fancy making homemade puff pastry or rough puff pastry, a shop bought sheet is the best option for this tart. Other pastries like filo (phyllo) and shortcrust will not produce the same results.
Tips for making the Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart:
- If you want to make the tart in advance, you can reheat it in the microwave for 1 minute on high, or in the oven for 5 minutes on the same temp it was baked on. I recommend the oven as it keeps the pastry crispy!
- If you are in the UK, you can get marshmallow fluff from Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose or Amazon. It's usually in the American section of larger supermarkets.
- You could use another spread instead of Nutella, for example a white chocolate spread, Crunchie spread etc.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
- Baking trays
- Frying Pan
- Nutella spread
- Kitchen scales
- Kitchen blowtorch
- Marshmallow fluff
- Angled palette knife
- Chopped roasted hazelnuts
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Nutella recipes...
Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart
- 320 g Sheet of ready made puff pastry
- 2 Bananas
- 75 g Caster sugar
- 225 g Nutella
- 175 g Marshmallow fluff or marshmallows
- 1 tbsp Roasted chopped hazelnuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C Fan/220C/425F/Gas Mark 7
- Roll out your puff pastry sheet onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Score a 1cm border around the edges using a sharp knife, being careful not to cut all the way through the pastry
- Using a fork, prick the centre of the pastry all over. This will stop it from rising as much as the edges. If you like, glaze the border with milk or beaten egg
- Bake the puff pastry sheet for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden
- While it is baking, melt the sugar in a frying pan on a medium heat. It will turn into a golden brown caramel
- Add the banana slices and flip them over to coat both sides with the caramel. Move the banana slices to a non-stick surface like a silicone mat or baking paper
- Remove the pastry from the oven, the centre will have risen somewhat, so use the back of a spoon to press it back down
- Add the Nutella in spoonfuls all over the centre of the pastry while it is still warm. After a minute, the Nutella will start to melt, use a palette knife to spread it out and cover the tart
- Add the bananas all over, then add spoonfuls of the marshmallow fluff
- If you like, use a kitchen blowtorch to brown the marshmallow fluff. Or you can pop it under the grill - but watch it very closely!
- Sprinkle the chopped roasted hazelnuts all over
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days. You can reheat slices of the tart in the oven for 5 minutes at the same temperature it was baked on, or in the microwave on high for 60-90 seconds
If you like this, check out more of my Sweet Tart & Pie recipes!
NB. This post is NOT sponsored by Nutella – I just love their product!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share hosted by Recipes Made Easy.