People often think I am from Irish descent due to my pale skin and red hair, but as far as I know, I don’t have any Irish in my blood. It is hard for me to be certain of this due to a rather tumultuous family history, but no one else in my direct family has the same colouring as me. This certainly led to a lot of musings about being adopted when I was younger!
One thing I know for sure is that I love Irish food and drink, and Baileys Irish cream is one of my favourite drinks (I currently have three bottles in my cupboard). I love to bake with it, one of my favourite ever cakes is my Chocolate Guinness Cake with Baileys Buttercream, so I just had to find another way to put it in a bake and these Baileys Cheesecake Chocolate Brownies were created!
How to make Baileys Cheesecake Chocolate Brownies…
To make the Baileys cheesecake filling I mixed together the full fat cream cheese, caster sugar, egg and Baileys Irish cream liquor.
For the brownie mix I whisked together the dark brown sugar and eggs, I also added some more Baileys. I added the melted dark chocolate and melted butter to the mixture, then added the plain flour and baking powder.
I poured about two third of the mixture into a lined tray bake tin, then I poured the cheesecake mixture on top.
Then I poured the rest of the brownie mix on top in blobs, and I used a butter knife to swirl the mixture around.
I then baked it on 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4 for 35 minutes.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Traybake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Electric hand mixer||Baileys Irish Cream|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
I left it to cool completely before cutting into squares. The Baileys cheesecake chocolate brownies were divine and did not stick around for long at all! I even had to treat myself to a second piece. The Baileys really comes through in the cheesecake and it pairs perfectly with the soft chocolatey brownie.
I made a recipe video for these brownies with Cosmopolitan UK!
More Baileys recipes…
|Chocolate Roulade with Baileys Cream||Baileys Cheesecake (No Bake)||Chocolate Guinness Cake with Baileys Buttercream|
|Baileys Chocolate Traybake||Baileys Creme Caramel||Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes|
Baileys Cheesecake Chocolate Brownies
For the Baileys Cheesecake
- 350 g Full fat cream cheese
- 1 Egg large
- 65 g Caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Baileys
For the brownies
- 350 g Dark chocolate
- 250 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Baileys
- 250 g Dark brown sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 120 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 12" x 9" traybake tin
- To make the Baileys cheesecake filling mix together the full fat cream cheese, caster sugar, egg and Baileys with a hand whisk or electric hand whisk until smooth
- For the brownie mix start by melting the dark chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over simmering water (make sure the water does not touch the bowl), once melted, set aside to cool
- In a bowl, whisk together the dark brown sugar and the eggs until frothy, add the Baileys and mix in
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter into the mixture, whilst constantly whisking
- Add the plain flour and baking powder and mix in
- Pour about two third of the brownie mixture into the traybake tin, then pour all of the cheesecake mixture on top, then pour the rest of the brownie mix on top in blobs
- Using a knife, swirl the mixture around a bit, then bake it for 35 minutes
- Leave it to cool completely before cutting into squares
- Store in the fridge and eat them within 3 days
- 235g Dark chocolate
- 165g Butter
- 165g Dark brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 80g Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Baileys
- 235g Full fat cream cheese
- 1 Egg
- 45g Caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Baileys
If you like this, check out more of my Brownie recipes!
Pin for later!