I'm in love... with these Chocolate & Raspberry Truffle Cupcakes! They are the perfect decadent treat for you and your loved one on Valentine's Day. They're made up of a chocolate sponge filled with rich chocolate ganache, then topped with raspberry buttercream and fresh raspberries. The gorgeous pink buttercream is all natural too as the colour comes entirely from the freeze dried raspberry powder which also provides a punchy raspberry flavour. Dark chocolate and raspberries go so well together, and the rich ganache compliments the fruity buttercream to tingle all your tastebuds in the right way!
How to make Chocolate & Raspberry Truffle Cupcakes...
I made the ganache first as it takes time to set in the fridge, I heated up the cream then added the chocolate and butter until it all melted together. Then I poured it into a bowl and put it in the fridge to set.
To make the cupcakes I creamed the butter and sugar together, then whisked in the eggs and milk.
Next I added the self raising flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
I divided the mixture between the cupcake cases and baked them for 20 minutes.
Once the cupcakes were cool I used a cupcake corer to make holes in each one, then I filled them with the ganache.
To make the buttercream I mixed together the butter, icing sugar, freeze dried raspberry powder and milk.
I piped the buttercream onto the cupcakes and then added fresh raspberries on top.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
|Cupcake corer||Brown cupcake cases||Freeze dried raspberries|
|Wilton 1M Piping nozzle||Wilton 2D Piping nozzle|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
What an indulgent treat the Chocolate & Raspberry Truffle Cupcakes were! They were a hit all round and gathered many admirers!
More Chocolate recipes...
|Chocolate Brownie Pots for Two||Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart||Chocolate Fondants|
Chocolate & Raspberry Truffle Cupcakes
For the ganache
- 100 ml Double cream
- 100 g Dark chocolate broken into squares
- 10 g Butter
For the sponge
- 175 g Butter or baking spread
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 150 g Self raising flour
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
For the buttercream
- 200 g Butter or baking spread
- 400 g Icing sugar
- 15 g Freeze dried raspberry powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Milk
- 36 Fresh raspberries
- Make the ganache first as it needs time to cool. Heat the double cream and butter in a pan on a low heat, you want to to be warm but not so hot you couldn't hold your finger in it
- Take it off the heat and add the dark chocolate and butter. Leave for a few minutes, then stir and the chocolate should have melted, if not, pop it back on a low heat until fully melted together. Then pour into a bowl and put in the fridge to set for 3 - 4 hours
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line a cupcake tin with paper cases
- To make the cupcakes, cream together the butter and caster sugar until smooth
- Add the eggs and milk, and mix well
- Add the self raising flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and whisk in
- Divide the mixture between the cupcakes cases, and bake them for 20 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Put them on a rack to cool completely
- To make the buttercream, mix together the butter, icing sugar and freeze dried raspberry powder with a spoon or electric hand whisk, when it starts to come together, add the milk and mix until smooth
- Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake using a piping bag fitted with a nozzle. Or spread on with a spoon
- Top each cupcake with three of the fresh raspberries
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Cupcake recipes!
Pin for later!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share hosted by Recipes Made Easy.