Sometimes you don't want to make a whole batch of brownies and end up scoffing the lot (not often, but sometimes...) You just want that sweet chocolate hit for one night only. These Chocolate Brownie Pots for Two are the perfect solution! Plus they are made in one bowl, only need six ingredients and have a warm gooey centre that is just heavenly!
They are also ideal if you're planning a romantic dinner and you're looking for an easy yet impressive dessert. Think of them like a cheat's chocolate fondant! They are sure to impress your partner on Valentine's Day, for an anniversary celebration, a special birthday meal or date night. I served the Chocolate Brownie Pots with ice cream, but they are also amazing with fresh berries, caramel sauce, whipped cream... they're so versatile!
How to make Chocolate Brownie Pots for Two
In a mixing bowl, melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a microwave. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then whisk in the egg and sugar.
Whisk in the flour and fold in the chocolate chips, then divide the mixture between the ramekins.
Bake the brownies for 15 minutes, leave to cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
What size ramekins do you need?
The ramekins I used were 9cm in diameter and 5cm deep. This is quite a common and generic size of ramekin, so if you don't already own them, they should be easy enough to get hold of.
Can you make the Chocolate Brownie Pots without ramekins?
Yes! You can also put the mixture in a cupcake tin, it will fill 4 of the holes. Make sure to grease it very well, or use silicone cupcake cases. I don't recommend paper cupcake cases as they will not peel off easily and they will get stuck to the brownie. Or you can put all of the mixture into a small baking tin or dish, then when it's baked, grab a spoon each and share!
What can you serve the Chocolate Brownie Pots with?
- Ice cream, whipped cream, pouring cream or custard
- Fresh fruit like raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- Drizzled with melted Nutella, melted Biscoff, peanut butter or salted caramel sauce
- A combination of the above!
Tips for making the Chocolate Brownie Pots for Two:
- I added milk chocolate chips to the brownies, you can leave these out, or swap them for white or dark chocolate chips.
- I've suggested a baking time based on how they came out in my oven, remember that all ovens run slightly differently so you may need slightly less or more time to get the right texture. A good excuse for a trial run if you ask me!
- If you don't have light brown sugar, you can use caster sugar (superfine sugar) instead.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Valentine's Day recipes...
Chocolate Brownie Pots for Two
- 75 g Dark chocolate
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g Light brown sugar
- 1 Egg large
- 25 g Plain flour
- 30 g Chocolate chips optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Put the dark chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Keep microwaving in 10 second intervals, stirring between each one, until fully melted together. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool
- Add the egg and light brown sugar to the bowl and whisk in well
- Add the flour and whisk in, then fold in the chocolate chips
- Divide the mixture between the two ramekins - I used 9cm wide and 5cm deep ramekins
- Place onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, they will be slightly puffed up, crackled on top but still gooey in the centre
- Leave for 5 minutes so you don't burn your mouth, then serve warm with ice cream or any topping of your choice, there should not be any leftovers!
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share.
These are gorgeous little pots of YUM! So simple to make GF too.
Absoloutly amazing! Only took minutes to make and we had a lovely dessert to enjoy
Will be making it again!
Cat | Curly's Cooking
These look incredible! Love that it only makes 2, the perfect quantity. I have to make these soon!
Delicious brownie pots! So simple to make - all about the small batch puddings for 2! Thank you!x
I'm going to double the recipe and eat them all 🙂
Haha I like your thinking!
Eb Gargano | Easy Peasy Foodie
What Chloe said!! 🤣😂 They look AMAZING! Eb 🙂
Easy to follow and a real treat! I made a dairy free version too which worked just as well.
So glad you enjoyed it Kerry! It's great to know that this recipe works well dairy free too!
Well what can I say? Kat you are a baking legend!! thank you so much for sharing this recipe it went down a treat for the family and super quick to make with a handful of ingredients, scrumptious little pots of yum! 😋😋 I might add orange zest to the mix for next time ! Thank you
Thank you so much! I LOVE the orange zest idea!!
So easy to make and so delicious I drizzled caramel on mine 😋😋
Made these a few days ago and they were delicious! My husband keeps mentioning how good they were and if we can have them again soon! Thank you 🙂
Thanks so much Cat! I'm so happy to hear this!!
These little pots of deliciousness are perfect for two. So quick and easy to prepare. My husband and I had ours with vanilla ice-cream!!
I'm so glad you liked them Polly. I love them with ice cream too 😀
These were a perfect anniversary dessert for my husband and I this evening. They were so quick and easy to make but tasted amazing. I'm going to have to make them again soon so my daughter can have some as she was very jealous! Brilliant recipe as always ❤️
These pots are amazing. Recipe so easy to follow. My sister was lucky she got home early to eat hers. Yummy
Just made these, all for myself, but OMG - perfect recipe. Will be making again!!
I'm so happy you liked them so much Maria! 😀
Just made these and they were sooo yummy !! I probably should have baked them for longer - I only baked them for 15 mins and they were rather runny in the middle - but I quite liked it like this but my partner would have preferred it a bit more cooked. Will definitely be making these again !
Thank you so much for sharing the recipe 🙂
Yum, just perfect for two people.