Step by step…
To start, I used a food processor to grate the courgette. The I squeezed the water out of it with my hands and put it in a mixing bowl. I added golden caster sugar, orange zest and lemon zest. Then I added vegetable oil, eggs and yoghurt. I mixed everything together.
In a separate bowl I measured out flaxseeds, salt, self raising flour and wholemeal self raising flour. I added the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mixed together.
I put the batter into muffin cases in a tray and baked for 25 minutes until golden brown.
I’ve been enjoying these Courgette, Flaxseed & Lemon Muffins from breakfast and have made a couple more batches since. My boyfriend really loves them too and handing him a couple of these in the morning stops any unhealthy “McBreakfasts”!
They are great for an ‘on the go’ breakfast or quick snack, and for sneaking vegetables into your kids diet!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Brown cupcake cases|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Courgette, Flaxseed & Lemon Muffins
- 150 g Courgette grated and drained weight
- 115 g Golden caster sugar
- 1 Lemon zest only
- 1 Orange zest only
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Yoghurt
- 60 ml Vegetable Oil
- 25 g Flaxseeds (also known as linseeds)
- 100 g Self raising flour
- 50 g Wholemeal self raising flour
- A pinch of Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a cupcake tin with paper cases
- Use a food processer to grate the courgette. Squeeze the water out of it with your hands then put it in a mixing bowl. Add the golden caster sugar, and the zest of the lemon and the orange
- Then add the vegetable oil, eggs and greek yoghurt. Mix everything together
- In a separate bowl measure out the flaxseeds, salt, self raising flour and wholemeal self raising flour
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together
- Divide the batter between the paper cases and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and eat within 3 days, they can also be frozen for 3 months
If you like this, check out more of my Muffin recipes!
Pin it for later!