There is something about January that always make me think of carrot cake. Maybe it's because then I feel like I'm getting some vegetables along with my cake! This year I've turned carrot cake into Carrot Cake Cookies. They are packed with carrot, pecans and spices, and are so much quicker and easier to make than a full cake. All that carrot cake flavour in a yummy cookie! I don't like walnuts so I always use pecans but of course you can swap them out (or remove them entirely) depending on what you prefer. I've also decorated the Carrot Cake Cookies with a drizzle of white chocolate and some fondant carrots!
How to make Carrot Cake Cookies...
I started by creaming the butter and light brown sugar together, then I added the orange zest. Next I added the egg, carrots and vanilla extract, and stirred them together.
Then I mixed in the plain flour, all of the spices and baking powder, and folded in the pecans. I spooned the mixture onto lined baking trays in little blobs.
The cookies baked for 14 minutes until they were golden brown.
You don't have to decorate the Carrot Cake Cookies, but I couldn't resist drizzling them with some melted white chocolate and adding a fondant carrot shape in the centre!
The Carrot Cake Cookies are lovely and soft in the centre, and full of flavour. I really enjoyed eating these cookies!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Baking trays||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Mixed spice||Food processor|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Carrot Cake recipes...
|Carrot Cake Cupcakes||Autumn Vegetable Cake||Carrot Cake Baked Donuts (Vegan)|
Carrot Cake Cookies
For the cookies
- 125 g Butter or baking spread
- 200 g Light brown sugar
- 1 Orange zest only
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50 g Carrot grated
- 200 g Wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 50 g Pecans chopped finely
For decoration (optional)
- 75 g White chocolate
- 16 Fondant carrots
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a few baking trays (or however many you own) with baking paper
- Cream the butter and light brown sugar together in a large bowl using a spoon, then mix in the orange zest
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix them in
- Then mix in the grated carrot
- Mix in the plain flour, baking powder and all three spices
- Then mix in the pecans
- Spoon blobs of the mixture onto your lined baking trays, leave space between the cookies as they will spread
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until they are golden brown, leave them on the tray for 5 minutes before carefully removing and placing on racks to cool fully
- Once the cookies are fully cool drizzle the white chocolate over them, then add the fondant carrots. I like to put the melted white chocolate into a small piping bag to control the drizzle, or you can use a spoon
- Leave the chocolate to set before tucking in
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. They also be frozen
If you like this, check out more of my Cookie recipes!
Pin for later!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share hosted by Recipes Made Easy.