This Jammie Dodger Ice Cream is a creamy vanilla no churn ice cream, swirled with raspberry jam, white chocolate chips and plenty of Jammie Dodger biscuits! It's no churn, which means you don't need an ice cream maker to make it. All that's needed is an electric mixer (or a very strong arm!) and a freezer to enjoy a few scoops of Jammie Dodger heaven!
How to make Jammie Dodger Ice Cream
In a mixing bowl, mix together the condensed milk and vanilla extract. In another mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to whip up the double cream until it's thick.
Fold the double cream into the condensed milk, the gently fold in the chopped biscuits and white chocolate chips. Then very slightly mix in the jam and pour the ice cream into a container. Decorate the top with more jam, biscuits, and some freeze dried raspberries.
What are Jammie Dodgers?
Jammie Dodgers are a British sandwich biscuit (a cookie) with a raspberry jam filling. They have such a fun appearance - with a splash effect on the biscuit and heart shaped hole revealing the jam in the middle. They are also the most popular children's biscuit in the UK.
Can you use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk?
No, you must use condensed milk for this recipe to work.
What container should you use?
I used a 2lb loaf tin purely for aesthetic purposes, however this recipe makes a little extra than fits in the tin. I would recommend a 2.5L plastic tupperware container with a lid, to prevent freezer burn. Or you can split the mixture between smaller containers if you don't have one big one.
More tips for making the Jammie Dodger Ice Cream:
- I used raspberry jam, but you could use strawberry too, or any other flavour you prefer
- I used both mini and regular sized Jammie Dodgers on top, but you can use all mini or all regular if it's all you can get hold of
- It’s best to use an electric hand mixer, or a stand mixer, to whisk up the double cream. It will take much longer by hand and require a lot of work!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
- Mixing bowls
- Kitchen scales
- Electric hand mixer
- Jammie Dodger biscuits
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Ice cream scoop
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Jammie Dodger recipes...
Jammie Dodger Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 397 g Condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 600 ml Double cream
- 50 g White chocolate chips
- 175 g Raspberry jam
- 6 Jammie Dodger biscuits chopped up
- 25 g Raspberry jam
- 3 Jammie Dodger biscuits cut in half
- 7 Mini Jammie Dodger biscuits
- 2 tsp Freeze dried raspberries optional
- Mix the condensed milk and vanilla extract together in a mixing bowl
- In another bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip up the double cream to soft peaks
- Gently fold the cream into the condensed milk mixture using a spoon or spatula
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped up Jammie Dodger biscuits
- Very gently swirl in the jam, don't over mix it as you want to leave swirls of jam throughout the ice cream
- Put the ice cream mixture into a 2.5 litre tub, decorate the top with the extra jam, more Jammie Dodger biscuits and some freeze dried raspberries too if you have them, then put it in the freezer overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share.