My Jammie Dodger Blondies are one of the most popular recipes on my blog, so I really wanted to create another Jammie Dodger themed recipe for you all to enjoy! Enter my Jammie Dodger Cupcakes! They are a light vanilla sponge, filled with tasty raspberry jam, topped with a sweet vanilla buttercream and a Jammie Dodger biscuit. Jam and cake go so well together so this really is a delicious combination of flavours! Plus you get a biscuit with your cake which is always a good thing!
How to make Jammie Dodger Cupcakes...
To make the sponge I started by creaming together the butter and sugar, then I whisked in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Then I added the self raising flour and whisked until smooth. I divided the mixture between the cupcake cases, and baked them for 25 minutes until golden.
Once the cupcakes were fully cooled I used a cupcake corer to make a hole in the centre and I filled it with raspberry jam.
I mixed up a buttercream using butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract. I piped it onto the cupcakes, then added a Jammie Dodger biscuit.
These Jammie Dodger Cupcakes would be great for a birthday party!
The Jammie Dodger Cupcakes are so yummy with the hidden jam in the middle adding that extra fruity flavour!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
|Cupcake corer||Red cupcake cases||Ateco 829 piping nozzle|
|Jammie Dodger biscuits|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Jammie Dodger Recipes...
|Jammie Dodger Blondies||Jammie Dodger Cheesecake|
Jammie Dodger Cupcakes
For the sponge
- 175 g Butter or baking spread
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 175 g Self raising flour
For the buttercream
- 200 g Butter or baking spread
- 400 g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp Milk (if needed to loosen the buttercream)
For the filling and decoration
- 100 g Raspberry Jam
- 12 Jammie Dodger biscuits
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases
- To make the sponge, mix together the butter and sugar, using a silicone or wooden spoon, until smooth
- Add the eggs and vanila extract and whisk well
- Then whisk in the self raising flour
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake cases
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean. Leave to cool completely
- Use a cupcake corer or a knife to make a hole in the middle of each cupcake
- Fill the holes with the raspberry jam. You can do this using a spoon or put the jam into a small piping bag, snip the end off and pipe it in
- Make the buttercream by mixing together the butter and icing sugar, then add the vanilla extract, and mix until smooth. You can do this by hand or with an electric whisk. If it's too stiff, add the milk and whisk in
- Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake using a piping bag fitted with a nozzle. Or spread on with a spoon. Then add a Jammie Dodger biscuit on top
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Cupcake recipes!
Pin for later!