Lemon and blueberry is one of my favourite combinations when it comes to baked goods. I just love how juicy and sweet blueberries get when baked into a sponge! I've got a couple of lemon and blueberry recipes on my blog and I wanted to add to the collection with these delicious Lemon & Blueberry Blondies! I've used my standard blondie recipe which is basically like a white chocolate version of a brownie - hello yum! Then I've added lemon zest and some juicy fresh blueberries, and drizzled them with a lemon icing for that extra hit of zing! It's also a super easy traybake recipes so it's great for bake sales, parties or just any day you fancy something tasty in your life!
Step by step...
For the blondie batter, I started by melting the butter and golden caster sugar together in a pan on a low heat. Once the butter was melted, I took the pan off the heat and added the white chocolate. I left it for a couple of minutes, then stirred it in.
I whisked in the eggs, then I stirred in the lemon zest. Next I whisked in self raising flour and then folded in the blueberries.
I then baked it for 35 minutes and left it to cool completely.
I mixed lemon juice and icing sugar together and drizzled it all over the cooled blondies.
The Lemon & Blueberry Blondies were sooo good, full of lemon flavour and pretty much every bite had a juicy blueberry in it!
How do you know when the blondies are baked?
I bake them in my oven on 160C Fan for 30 minutes until they are golden brown all over like in the photos. Using a skewer inserted in the centre doesn’t give a clear indication that they are done because blondies are meant to be gooey and almost a little under cooked. Blondies are the white chocolate version of brownies and they are not like cake. They will also set more as they cool down, wait until they are cool to remove them from the tin.
What white chocolate should I use?
I have made this recipe using both supermarket own brand white chocolate and Callebaut callets. If you use a better quality chocolate, it will improve the flavour. But of course supermarket own brands are great for keeping costs down. I would advise avoiding cooking or baking chocolate, and also I don’t recommend using Milky Bar.
I absolutely loved this recipe and I hope you do too! Let me know in the comments if you make it!
More lemon and blueberry recipes...
|Lemon & Blueberry Cookies||Lemon & Blueberry Cupcakes||Lemon & Blueberry Loaf Cake|
Lemon & Blueberry Blondies
For the blondies
- 200 g Butter or baking spread
- 300 g Golden caster sugar
- 150 g White chocolate broken into squares
- 3 Eggs large
- 2 Lemons zest only
- 225 g Plain flour
- 150 g Blueberries
- 1 Lemon juice only
- 150 g Icing sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4, and grease and line a 12" x 9" traybake tin
- Melt the butter with the golden caster sugar in a pan on a low heat
- Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat and add the white chocolate. Leave it for a couple of minutes to melt, then stir together. Leave the mixture to cool for 5 minutes
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add them to the mixture, keep whisking as you pour them in to make sure the mixture doesn't cook the eggs. Then stir in the lemon zest
- Add the flour and whisk it in, then pour the batter into the lined traybake tin
- Dot the blueberries all over the batter
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown all over. Using a skewer inserted in the centre doesn’t give a clear indication that they are done because blondies are meant to be gooey and almost a little under cooked. Blondies are the white chocolate version of brownies and they are not like cake. They will also set more as they cool down, wait until they are cool to remove them from the tin and slice into pieces
- Make an icing by mixing together the icing sugar and lemon juice. Add the lemon juice slowly as you may not need it all. If you need more liquid, add some water
- Drizzle the icing all over the blondies, I used a piping bag with the end snipped off, or you can use a spoon
- Chop into squares to serve, store leftovers in an airtight container in a cool place and eat within 3 days
- 135g Butter
- 200g Golden caster sugar
- 100g White chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Plain flour
- 100g Blueberries
- 1 ½ Lemons (zest only)
If you like this, check out more of my Blondie recipes!
Pin it for later!