This yummy Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint pairs together fresh mint with creamy cheesecake and sweet juicy peaches. It is the perfect summer dessert and it would be a fabulous make ahead option for a dinner party or BBQ. It's so easy to make as well with ready made pastry and pre-prepared peaches, there's hardly any work required! And all the better so you can get to the best bit - eating it!
How to make Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint
Once the pastry sheet has come to room temperature, roll it out onto a baking tray. Drain the sliced peaches and put them on some kitchen towel. Put more kitchen towel over the top and press out any excess moisture.
For the cheesecake topping, whisked together full fat cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth. Then add egg and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Spread the cheesecake mixture out onto the pastry using a palette knife or spoon.
Add the peach slices and glaze the edges of the pastry with some beaten egg or milk.
Bake for 25 minutes, then leave it to cool completely before sprinkling chopped mint leaves all over it.
I could've eaten this whole Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint myself it was so delicious... And I nearly did!
The only struggle you might face with making this Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint is sharing it!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Peaches & Cream Tart with Fresh Mint
- 320 g sheet of puff pastry
- 150 g Full fat cream cheese
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg large
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 300 g Tinned sliced peaches (1 and a half cans)
- 6 Fresh mint leaves
- Beaten egg or milk for glazing
- Pre heat the oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and if chilled, let the pastry come to room temperature
- Roll the pastry out onto a baking tray, if the pastry doesn't come with baking paper then line the tray first
- Drain the sliced peaches and put them on a plate or tray lined with a few pieces of kitchen towel. Use a few more pieces of kitchen towel to press out any excess moisture from the top
- For the cheesecake topping whisk together the full fat cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth. Then add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk again until smooth
- Spread the cheesecake mixture out onto the pastry using a palette knife, leaving about 1cm gap around the edge
- Add the peach slices on top of the cheesecake mixture in a neat design, then brush the gap around the edge of the pastry with the beaten egg or milk
- Bake it for 25 minutes, then leave it to cool completely before sprinkling 6 chopped up mint leaves all over it