Both Peanut Butter Oreos and Golden Oreos are now widely available in all major UK supermarkets - yay!!
Step by step...
I whizzed up peanut butter oreos in a food processor until they became fine crumbs.
I mixed full fat cream cheese into the oreo crumbs until fully combined.
Then I took bits of the mixture and rolled them into balls between my palms. The mixture was a little sticky but easy enough to work with. I put the balls onto a lined baking tray and put them in the freezer for an hour.
To cover the truffles I used peanut butter flavour candy melts. I'd never used candy melt before and when they melt they are quite a lot thicker than chocolate. To thin them down I used oil. This gives it the same consistency as chocolate and it's so much easier to dip.
For decoration I melted dark chocolate and drizzled it over the Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles.
Once the chocolate is set, dig in! I told you these were a super easy treat to make. The peanut butter flavour of both the candy melts and oreos is sooo good! Try not to eat these Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles all at once!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles
- 280 g Peanut butter Oreos
- 140 g Full fat cream cheese
- 200 g Peanut butter Candy Melts
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 6 squares Dark chocolate
- Whizz up the peanut butter oreos in a food processor until they become fine crumbs
- Mix in the cream cheese until fully combined
- Take bits of the mixture and roll them into balls between your palms. Put the balls onto a lined baking tray and put them in the freezer for an hour
- Melt the peanut butter candy melts, then stir in the vegetable oil. Dip each truffle and coat it completely. Put onto some baking paper to set
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle it over the truffles, once set they are ready to eat!
- Store in the fridge and eat leftovers within 3 days
NB. I was sent the oreos for free to bake with, all opinions are my own.