Raspberry and white chocolate has got to be one of the most deliciously dreamy food combinations out there. My partner adores white chocolate, but I find it too sweet sometimes so adding raspberries gives it the right level of tartness to take the edge off. I’ve used fresh raspberries for this Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes recipe as I find frozen ones can be too wet and mushy, then they release extra liquid into the sponge that you really don’t want. Fresh raspberries in these cupcakes worked perfectly and I’m such a big fan of this recipe! I’ve also mixed white chocolate into the buttercream so it’s extra luxurious!
How to make Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes…
To make the sponge I first mixed together the baking spread and caster sugar. Then I added the eggs and vanilla extract and mixed them in.
Next I mixed in self raising flour, and folded in the raspberries and white chocolate chips.
I divided the cupcake batter into cases, then I baked them for 25 minutes.
To decorate the Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes I made a white chocolate buttercream with melted white chocolate stirred into it, then I added a fresh raspberry, a square of white chocolate and a sprinkle of freeze dried raspberries on top.
Can this recipe be made into a larger cake?
Yes! Check out my Raspberry & White Chocolate Cake recipe for details.
The Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes were absolutely delicious! This is one of my favourite cupcake recipes! You could even just make the sponge and maybe drizzle the top with a little white chocolate and have them as muffins too. But that white chocolate buttercream is pretty irresistable!!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
|Pastel pink cupcake cases||Wilton 2D Piping nozzle||Freeze dried raspberries|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Raspberry & White Chocolate recipes…
Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes
For the sponge
- 175 g Butter or baking spread I use Stork
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 175 g Self raising flour
- 150 g Fresh raspberries
- 50 g White chocolate chips
For the buttercream
- 200 g Butter or baking spread
- 400 g Icing sugar
- 100 g White chocolate melted
- 12 Fresh raspberries
- 12 squares White chocolate or white chocolate buttons
- 8 g Freeze dried raspberries optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases
- To make the sponge, mix together the butter and sugar, using a silicone or wooden spoon, or ideally an electric mixer, until smooth
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk well
- Then whisk in the self raising flour
- Toss the raspberries in about 2 tsp flour, then fold them into the batter along with the white chocolate chips
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake cases
- Bake them for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown and a skewer
inserted in the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean. Leave to cool
- Make the buttercream by mixing together the butter and icing sugar, then add the white chocolate and mix until smooth. You can do this by hand or with an electric whisk. You may also need a splash of milk if the buttercrea is too thick
- Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake using a piping bag fitted with a nozzle. Or spread on with a spoon
- Decorate each cupcakes with a square of white chocolate, a fresh raspberry and a sprinkle of freeze dried raspberry pieces
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Cupcake recipes!
Pin for later!
I’m linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share hosted by Recipes Made Easy.