One of the great things about flapjacks is that you don’t need flour or eggs to make them. So if you’re hankering for a sweet treat but running low on ingredients, then flapjacks are the perfect choice. They also last for at least a week in an airtight container, well they have the potential too. If you have a house of hungry people they may not! These White Chocolate & Strawberry Flapjacks are made with dried strawberries and topped with a lovely layer of white chocolate. I’ve also added a sprinkle of freeze dried strawberries on top for two reasons; one being that they carry an intense hit of strawberry flavour, and the second being that they look pretty!
Step by step…
I started by melting the butter, golden syrup and caster sugar together in a pan on a low heat.
In a large bowl I mixed the oats, dried strawberries and white chocolate chips together. Then I stirred in the melted butter mixture until all the oats were coated.
I pressed the mixture into a lined traybake tin until it was compact and an even layer. Then I baked it until golden.
Once the flapjacks were fully cool I poured the melted white chocolate over the top and sprinkled on the freeze dried strawberries. I let the chocolate set, then cut into squares to serve.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Traybake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Piping bags||Freeze dried strawberries|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Tips for making the White Chocolate & Strawberry Flapjacks…
- Freeze dried strawberries are pretty easy to get hold of these days. Waitrose and Sainsburys both sell them in the baking sections. I get mine online from Amazon as you can get better value.
- It’s the same with dried strawberries too, I used a brand called Urban Fruit for this recipe but again you can get them in the supermarkets or online.
- I wouldn’t recommend using fresh strawberries for this recipe as they create too much moisture and will make the flapjacks soggy.
- If you bake them in a smaller tin you will get a thicker flapjack, you’ll need to bake them a little longer and you may also need to reduce the white chocolate in the topping (or not!!)
- You can very easily make flapjacks dairy free and vegan by using a dairy free spread instead of butter, and topping with vegan chocolate.
More Flapjack recipes…
|Spiced Jammy Flapjacks||Spiced Plum Vegan Flapjacks||Flapjacks with Chocolate & Sultanas|
White Chocolate & Strawberry Flapjacks
Yummy oat flapjacks with dried strawberries and white chocolate
For the flapjacks
- 225 g Butter or baking spread
- 100 g Golden syrup
- 400 g Oats
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 50 g White chocolate chips
- 80 g Dried strawberries
For the topping
- 300 g White chocolate
- 2 tbsp Freeze dried strawberries
Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line a 12" x 9" traybake tin with baking paper
Put the butter, golden syrup and caster sugar into a medium saucepan on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and everything is melted. Stir it all together
In a bowl measure out the oats, dried strawberries and white chocolate chips, and mix them together
Add the butter and sugar mixture to the bowl of oats and stir it in until all of the oats are fully coated
Pour the mixture into the lined traybake tin and use the back of a spoon or a silicone spatula to smooth it out and make it all an even layer
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown all over, then leave to cool in the tin
Put the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave in 10 second blasts, stirring between each one, until fully melted
Pour the chocolate all over the flapjacks, then sprinkle the freeze dried strawberries over the top. Leave to set fully
Use a sharp knife to slice the flapjacks into squares, (or triangles, or rectangles, whichever shape you prefer!)
Store in an airtight container in a cool place and eat leftovers within 1 week
If you like this, check out more of my Flapjack recipes!
Pin it for later!