This Vegan Banoffee Pie is no bake, refined sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and 100% yummy! The base is made with crushed nuts, dates and coconut oil. The caramel is made from dates and is super sweet and gooey (I could eat it on it’s own it’s so good!) And the cream on top is coconut cream, which I absolutely love as I’m impressed every time I make it with how rich and creamy it is. Vegan Banoffee Pie is the perfect treat for Veganuary, or anytime of year!
Step by step…
To make the base I used my NutriBullet to whizz together the almonds, pecans, dates and hazelnuts. I added the melted coconut oil, then pressed the mixture into a loose bottomed tart tin lined with cling film.
To make the date caramel I put the dates, almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil into a pan and boiled it for 3 minutes. I let it cool for a bit, then whizzed it into a puree with my hand blender. Then I spread the date caramel into the crust.
I chopped up two bananas and brushed them with lemon juice, then I arranged them neatly on top of the caramel. For the coconut cream I whisked together the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|8″ tart tin||Mixing bowls||Electric hand mixer|
|Kitchen scales||Maple syrup||NutriBullet|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
I dolloped it over the bananas, then grated some dairy free dark chocolate all over the top. I left the edges of the bananas peeking out, and there was some extra coconut cream to serve with the pie! This Vegan Banoffee Pie was totally tasty, the fruity bananas and coconut cream add freshness to the sweet date caramel.
More healthy recipes:
|Healthy Cheesecake Pots||Sweet Potato Brownies||Baby’s First Birthday Cake|
Vegan Banoffee Pie
For the base
- 140 g Dates
- 150 g Almonds
- 75 g Hazelnuts
- 45 g Pecans
- 85 g Coconut oil melted
For the caramel
- 15 ml Maple Syrup
- 65 ml Almond Milk
- 175 g Dates
- 55 g Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
For the banana layer
- 2 Bananas sliced
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
For the coconut cream
- 2 cans Coconut milk stored in fridge overnight
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2-3 squares Dairy free dark chocolate grated, for topping
- Line an 8" loose bottomed tart tin with cling film
- To make the base use a NutriBullet or another powerful food processor to whizz together the almonds, pecans, dates and hazelnuts
- Put them in a bowl and add the melted coconut oil, mix it all together, then press the mixture into the tin covering the base and sides. Put in in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set
- To make the date caramel put the dates, almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil into a pan and boil it for 3 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then whizz it into a puree with a hand blender
- Spread the date caramel into the base, then put it back in the fridge for 30 minutes to set
- Chop up the bananas and brush them with lemon juice to stop them from going brown, arrange them neatly on top of the caramel
- For the coconut cream, use a food processor or electric whisk to whisk together the hard white top from the cans of coconut milk (discard the coconut water), the maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Dollop the cream over the bananas, then grate some dairy free dark chocolate all over the top
- Serve immediately, keep any leftovers covered and in the fridge for up to 2 days
If you like this, check out more of my Sweet Tarts & Pies recipes!
Or you might like my Vegan recipes!
Pin for later!