Ad. This post is sponsored by Carnation. All opinions are my own.
No bake cheesecakes are such fantastic make ahead desserts for any occasion. I love that you can just whip them up quickly and pop them in the fridge overnight, then the next day dessert is already sorted! This Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake is so simple to make. It has a cookie base and a vegan cream cheese filling with lots of lovely vanilla flavour. On top of the cheesecake is a golden salted caramel sauce that's incredibly easy to make, honestly it's really fool proof! It can also be made in advance and then drizzled over the cheesecake when you're all ready to tuck in.
To make this vegan vanilla cheesecake with salted caramel sauce, I have used Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative. It's made with oat and rice flour, sugar and sunflower oil. Plus it's also certified by the Vegan Society as suitable for anyone following a vegan diet. You can use this vegan condensed milk alternative to make many of your favourite Carnation recipes vegan.
How to make Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce...
For the cheesecake base, I used a food processor to whizz the biscuits into crumbs (or you can put them in a bag and gently crush with a rolling pin), then stirred in melted dairy free butter. I pressed it into the bottom of a springform tin and put it in the fridge while I made the filling.
To make the filling I used an electric mixer to whisk together the vegan cream cheese, Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative and vanilla bean paste until smooth. I put the filling into the tin and smoothed it over. Then I put it in the fridge to set.
To make the salted caramel sauce I put all of the ingredients into a pan and brought it to the boil. I let it bubble for 2-3 minutes, then left it to cool and added salt to taste.
What can you serve the Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake with?
This cheesecake is delicious served with some fresh fruit like blackberries or raspberries.
How do you remove the cheesecake from the tin?
To see step by step photos and a video showing you how to remove a no bake cheesecake from the tin, as well as the answers to lots of other common no bake cheesecake questions, check out my How to make a No Bake Cheesecake guide!
Tips for making the Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce:
- You can make the cheesecake and the sauce in advance to save you time. Just before serving, drizzle the sauce over the cheesecake, then enjoy!
- If you can't find vanilla bean paste for the filling, you can use vanilla extract, or scrape the seeds from a vanilla pod.
- The Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative is available from Waitrose and Morrisons.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
- 18cm Springform tin
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie sandwich biscuits
- Kitchen scales
- Electric hand mixer
- Angled palette knife
- Food processor
- Rolling pin
- Vanilla Bean Paste
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer! Please note, these products are recommended by The Baking Explorer and not Carnation. I do not earn any money when you purchase Carnation products.
More vegan recipes...
Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce
For the biscuit base
- 175 g Vegan cookie sandwich biscuits
- 25 g Dairy free butter
For the cheesecake filling
- 100 g Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk Alternative
- 600 g Vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp Vanilla bean paste
For the salted caramel sauce
- 170 g Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk Alternative
- 25 g Dairy free butter
- 3 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Dairy free milk or dairy free cream
- A pinch of salt (more or less to taste)
- To make the base use a food processor to whizz up the biscuits into crumbs, or gently crush them with a rolling pin in a bowl
- Mix in the melted dairy free butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a 18cm springform tin. Put it in the fridge for 10 minutes to set
- For the cheesecake filling use a food mixer with a whisk attachment or an electric hand whisk to mix together the vegan cream cheese, Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk Alternative and vanilla bean paste until smooth with no lumps
- Smooth the mixture into the tin on top of the biscuit base and put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours, or overnight
- To make the salted caramel sauce, put all of the ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil, allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat. It will thicken as it cools, and you can add more salt to taste if you prefer
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and serve drizzled with the caramel sauce
- Store leftovers in the fridge and eat within 2 days