I make flapjacks often for my flapjack obsessed boyfriend, and I thought adding jam would be a great way to jazz them up a bit and make them more fun and interesting. These Spiced Jammy Flapjacks are made with the classic oats, golden syrup and butter mixture. There's also flour in them to make them a bit sturdier with the jam filling. You can use any jam you like, I used raspberry as it's my favourite. I've also added some cinnamon and mixed spice for a lovely warming hint of spice.
Step by step...
First I measured out the oats, plain flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice into a mixing bowl.
In a pan I melted golden syrup and butter. I poured the dry ingredients into the melted butter and mixed until all the butter was absorbed.
I pressed about two thirds of the flapjack mixture into the tin, then I spread the jam over the top then I added the rest of the flapjack mixture, leaving gaps so that the jam could peek through.
They baked for 20 minutes until golden brown. Once they were cooled, I removed them from the tin and cut them into squares.
I rarely eat the flapjacks I make for my boyfriend as he usually scoffs them before I get a look in, but he had no choice but to share these Spiced Jammy Flapjacks with me as I love them!
As well as being an easy traybake recipe for a bake sale or for after school snacks, they are also great for road trips and picnics. We ate the whole batch between us over the course of a week. They would be delicious with other jam flavours too!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Traybake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Mixed spice|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Flapjack recipes...
|Spiced Plum Vegan Flapjacks||Flapjacks with Chocolate & Sultanas|
- 350 g Porridge Oats
- 150 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Mixed spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 200 g Golden syrup
- 150 g Butter
- 170 g Jam flavour of your choice
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 12" x 9" traybake tin
- Put the oats, flour, cinnamon, mixed spice and baking powder into a bowl and stir together
- In a pan on a low heat melt the butter and golden syrup together
- Pour the butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir all of the oats are coated with the butter
- Press about two thirds of the mixture into the pan and compact it
- Cover the mixture with a layer of the jam
- Add the rest of the oat mixture on top, there will be gaps so the jam can peek through
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Leave to cool completely in the tin
- Once cooled, remove from the tin and cut into squares
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in a cool place and eat within 7 days
If you like this, check out more of my Flapjack recipes!
Pin it for later!