I love a quick an easy dessert that can be made in advance, they're so handy for dinner parties or even a casual gatherings with friends or family. I've created these Oreo Dessert Pots which are made with layers of crushed Oreos and Oreo cheesecake, then topped with whipped cream and more Oreos! It's a super simple no bake recipe that you can assemble quickly, and it's sure to go down well with any Oreo fan. Kids will love these Oreo Dessert Pots too, the crunchy biscuit and creamy cheesecake is such a tasty combination!
How to make Oreo Dessert Pots
Start by mixing crushed Oreo biscuits with melted butter and put a layer of them into the bottom of your serving glasses.
To make the cheesecake, use an electric hand whisk to mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Once it is smooth with no lumps, add the double cream and whisk until it is very thick and holds it’s shape.
Then stir in some crushed Oreos.
Layer up the serving glasses with cheesecake, then more Oreo biscuits and more cheesecake. Decorate with a swirl of whipped cream, an Oreo biscuit and some crushed Oreo crumbs.
What is the best way to crush the Oreo biscuits?
The easiest way is to use a food processor, it will also give you the best results and it will be very fast. If you don't have a food processor, you can put the Oreos in a bowl and use the end of a rolling pin to crush them (or if you have a pestle and mortar then that would work too!) Another option is to put the Oreos in a freezer bag and again use a rolling pin to crush them.
More tips for making the Oreo Dessert Pots:
- I used glasses with a capacity of 250ml to serve this dessert
- You can dollop the whipped cream on top with a spoon instead of piping it
- You could make this dessert with any of the Oreo flavours. For example you could use the mint Oreos and swap the vanilla extract in the filling for peppermint extract
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
- Serving glasses
- Mixing bowls
- Kitchen scales
- Electric hand mixer
- Food processor
- Piping bags
- Jem 1E Piping nozzle
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Oreo recipes...
More dessert pot recipes...
Oreo Dessert Pots
For the oreo crumb layers
- 200 g Oreo biscuits crushed into crumbs
- 50 g Butter or baking spread melted
For the oreo cheesecake layers
- 420 g Full fat cream cheese I used Philadelphia
- 70 g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 165 ml Double cream
- 40 g Oreo biscuits crushed into crumbs
For the topping and decoration
- 200 ml Double cream
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 Oreo biscuits 4 whole, 1 crushed
- Use a food processor to turn the oreo biscuits into crumbs - or bash them in a bowl with the end of a rolling pin
- Make the oreo crumb layers by mixing the oreo crumbs and butter together in a bowl
- Then add a layer of the oreo crumbs to the bottom of your serving glasses - the glasses I used have a 250ml capacity - use a teaspoon to press the crumbs down to compact them
- For the cheesecake layers use a food mixer with a whisk attachment or an electric hand whisk to mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract
- Once it is smooth with no lumps, add the double cream and whisk until it is very thick and holds it's shape
- Then fold in the oreo crumbs
- Use a piping bag to pipe a layer of the cheesecake over the crumbs, or use a spoon
- Add another layer of crumbs, then another layer of cheesecake
- Whip up the double cream with the icing sugar and the vanilla extract, and either pipe or spoon it on top
- Add an Oreo biscuit to each glass for decoration, crush up the remaining biscuit and sprinkle some crumbs over the whipped cream
- Serve immediately, store any leftovers in the fridge and eat within 2 days
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
NB. This post is NOT sponsored by Oreo - I just love their product!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share hosted by Easy Peasy Foodie.