Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating. We had a quiet one at home, which I enjoy more these days. Now it’s that time of year when we all start evaluating our lifestyles and making some healthy changes (that may or may not be long lasting!) These Raspberry & Coconut Tarts are packed full of goodness, easy to make and taste really good, like really good, so good you might not even believe they are healthy if you hadn’t made them yourself! They’re also vegan friendly, so if you’ve decided to follow Veganuary they are a great recipe to try out.
Step by step…
To make the base I put 100g blanched almonds, 90g dried dates, 90g wholegrain crackers, 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder and a pinch a salt into a food processor and blitzed it until it resembled fine crumbs.
I melted 55g of coconut oil and added it to the ‘crumbs’ along with 6 tsp maple syrup and mixed it all together. I lined eight holes of a cupcake pan with cling film, then pressed the mixture into the holes making sure the sides and bottom were of an even thickness. Then I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
To make the filling I took two cans of coconut milk out of the fridge and seperated the thick white topping from the coconut water at the bottom. You can reserve the water and use it for smoothies or curries. Then I whisked it up along with 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 4 tbsp maple syrup (I like it quite sweet but you can add less maple syrup if you wish).
I took the tart cases out of the freezer and took them out of the pan and removed the cling film. I filled each one generously with the coconut cream, then placed some fresh raspberries on top, and finally sprinkled some chopped roasted hazelnuts on top.
And the Raspberry & Coconut Tarts were done! This is the kind of healthy and vegan-friendly food more people need to try as it tastes so decadent and naughty when you eat, but it’s actually good for you. Surely the perfect health food?!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Electric hand mixer||Food processor|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
The tart base is crunchy and tastes sweet and chocolatey, and the coconut cream melts in the mouth. You can add any fresh berries or fruit to these Raspberry & Coconut Tarts depending on your preference, and any nuts too.
More vegan recipes…
|Vegan Mini Key Lime Pies||Vegan Banoffee Pie|
Raspberry & Coconut Tarts (Vegan)
- 100 g Blanched almonds
- 90 g Dried dates
- 90 g Wholegrain crackers
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 55 g Coconut oil
- 6 tsp Maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 400ml cans of Coconut milk stored in the fridge overnight
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- A pinch of Salt
- 24 Raspberries
- A handful of Chopped roasted hazelnuts
- To make the base put the blanched almonds, dried dates, wholegrain crackers, cocoa powder and salt into a food processor and blitz it until it resembles fine crumbs
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the 'crumbs' along with 6 tsp of the maple syrup and mix it all together
- Line eight holes of a cupcake pan with cling film, then press the mixture into the holes making sure the sides and bottom are of an even thickness. Then put it in the freezer for 30 minutes
- To make the filling separate the thick white topping from the coconut milk then whisk it up along with the vanilla extract and 4 tbsp of the maple syrup
- Take the tart cases out of the freezer and take them out of the pan and remove the cling film. Fill each one generously with the coconut cream, then place some fresh raspberries on top, and finally sprinkle some chopped roasted hazelnuts on top
Recipe adapted from Healthista/Fearne Cotton.
If you like this, check out more of my Sweet Tarts & Pies recipes!
Or you might like my Vegan recipes!
Pin for later!