These Snicker Cupcakes are a yummy chocolate sponge filled with peanuts and caramel, and then topped with a chocolate and peanut butter buttercream, more caramel, more peanuts and some Snickers bites. They really are amazing! Everything the chocolate bar has to offer all in cupcake form. Sweet chocolate, gooey caramel, plus plenty of crunchy and salty peanuts! The Snickers fan in your life will adore these cupcakes!
How to make Snickers Cupcakes...
I made a chocolate sponge by creaming together butter and sugar, whisking in eggs, then whisking in self rasing flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. I divided the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and baked them for 25 minutes.
Once the cupcakes were fully cool I used a cupcake corer to make a hole in the middle of each one.
I filled the holes with a few chopped salted peanuts and then some caramel sauce on top. Then I made a chocolate and peanut butter buttercream and piped it onto the cupcakes. I added a drizzle of caramel sauce, a mini Snickers bite cut in half and more salted chopped peanuts.
What if I can't find Snickers Bites?
If you can't find the mini Snickers bites, just chop up some regular size Snickers bars to decorate the cupcakes with.
What caramel sauce should I use?
My favourite caramel sauce to use is my Homemade Caramel Sauce, it's rich, smooth and absolutely divine! You can also easily add salt to it to make it into a salted caramel sauce. If you don't want to make your own, it's quite easy nowadays to find a good quality ready made caramel (or salted caramel) sauce in the shops or online. I have used Tesco's Finest, Bonn Maman and Carnation Caramel in the past with great results.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
- Cupcake tin
- Electric hand mixer
- Piping bags
- Wilton 1M Piping nozzle
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Snickers Bites
- Brown cupcake cases
- Cupcake corer
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Snickers recipes...
For the sponge
- 175 g Butter or baking spread
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 145 g Self raising flour
- 30 g Cocoa powder
- A pinch of Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Milk
For the buttercream
- 200 g Butter or baking spread
- 400 g Icing sugar
- 40 g Cocoa powder
- 40 g Peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp Milk
For the topping & filling
- 12 Snickers Bites or chopped up Snickers bars
- 85 g Caramel sauce good quality shop bought or homemade
- 75 g Salted peanuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line a cupcake tin with paper cases
- To make the cupcakes, mix together the butter (or baking spread) and caster sugar until smooth, ideally with an electric mixer
- Add the eggs and milk, and mix well
- Add the self raising flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and whisk in
- Divide the mixture between the cupcakes cases, and bake them for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean. Put them on a rack to cool completely
- Use a cupcake corer or a knife to make a hole in the middle of each cupcake
- Fill the holes with a couple of peanuts per cupcakes and some caramel sauce. You can do this using a spoon or put the caramel sauce into a small piping bag, snip the end off and pipe it in
- To make the buttercream, mix together the butter, peanut butter, cocoa powder and icing sugar with a spoon or electric hand whisk, when it starts to come together, add the milk and mix until smooth
- Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake using a piping bag fitted with a nozzle. Or spread on with a spoon
- Pipe the salted caramel sauce over the buttercream, or drizzle it on with a spoon
- Top with a mini Snickers bites that's been cut in half, or a Snickers bar that's been chopped up. And more chopped peanuts
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
NB. This post is not in any way sponsored by Snickers - I just love their product!