Vegan friendly food continues to impress me and these gorgeously creamy Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pots are no different. They are made using silken tofu, which is a much softer version of tofu that easily blends up into a smooth consistency. Then you add melted chocolate plus a couple of other ingredients and you’re left with a luscious chocolate mousse that’s so yummy! It’s so easy to make, there’s no baking involved and all you need is a blender or an electric whisk. They need minimum chilling, 30 minutes is enough, and they’re ready to eat! If you’re having a dinner party or having friends over then these Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pots are an easy and impressive dessert that everyone will love. Plus they’re suitable for practically any dietary need as they’re dairy free and gluten free.
How to make Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pots…
I started by whisking up the silken tofu, I used a blender to make sure it stayed smooth without any lumps. Then I added the cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup and icing sugar.
Finally I stirred in the melted dark chocolate which I added it bit by bit, and mixed it in well each time. I divided the mixture between four little glasses and popped them in the fridge to set.
I made the coconut cream by whisking the ingredients together with an electric hand whisk, then dolloped it on top of the chocolate mousse. Then I added some raspberries and mint leaves, and sprinkled icing sugar over the top for an elegant finish. You can serve them with extra raspberries too as the mousse and fruit taste really delicious together.
I tested out the Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pots on my friends without telling them what it was made of and they had no idea it was a vegan recipe, let alone that it was tofu! My boyfriend loved the chocolate mousse too and I have to confess that I scraped the bowl clean!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Serving glasses||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Electric hand mixer||Hand blender|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More vegan mousse recipes…
|Vegan Strawberry Mousse|
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pots
For the chocolate mousse
- 600 g Silken tofu
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Icing sugar
- 160 g 70% Dark chocolate (dairy free) melted
For the coconut cream
- 1 can Coconut Milk (use only the white fat on top) left in the fridge for a couple of hours
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Drain the silken tofu and place it into a blender, or put it in a bowl and use a hand blender, and blend until smooth with no lumps
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup and icing sugar
- Add the melted dark chocolate bit by bit, and mix it in well after each addition
- Divide the mixture between your glasses and put them in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes - the glasses I used have a 250ml capacity
- Make the coconut cream by whisking the ingredients together with an electric hand whisk until smooth, then dolloped it on top of the chocolate mousse
- Add some raspberries and mint leaves on top to garnish the mousses, and sprinkle icing sugar over the top for an elegant finish
- Store leftovers in the fridge and eat within 2 days. You can also freeze the mousse on it's own in a freezer suitable container
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
Or you might like more of my Vegan recipes!
Pin for later!