If you love Nutella (who doesn't?!) then you are in for a treat with these Nutella Stuffed Cookies! They are delicious soft nutty chocolate cookies with pure Nutella running through the middle. So damn good! You'll also only need 3 ingredients to make them - flour, eggs and Nutella (or any chocolate hazelnut spread). You don't need to add extra sugar or fat because Nutella has those elements within in.
How to make Nutella Stuffed Cookies
First mix together egg and Nutella until smooth.
Add plain flour and mix until all of the white of the flour is gone and a smooth dough forms. Split the dough in half and then split each half into 10 small pieces (so you'll have 20 pieces total) roll 10 of them between your palms, then flatten them. Put on lined baking trays, and add a spoonful of Nutella in the middle.
With the remaining dough pieces, make another disc of cookie dough and place it on top of the spoonful of Nutella. Then press down the edges with your fingertips to seal it in. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
How long do the cookies last and can they be frozen?
The cookies, once fully cool, should be stored in an airgtight container for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen, again in a airtight container or a freezer bag, for up to 3 months.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Nutella recipes...
- Nutella Bueno Loaf Cake
- Nutella Meringue Roulade
- Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart
- Nutella Baked Donuts
- Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls
- Nutella Bueno Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Nutella Cheesecake Blondies
- Nutella Bueno Cupcakes
- Nutella Kinder Bueno Brownies
- Cherry & Nutella Chocolate Cake
- Nutella Popcorn
- Nutella Cake
- Nutella Popsicles
For the cookie dough
- 280 g Nutella
- 1 Egg large
- 150 g Plain flour (all purpose flour)
For the cookie filling
- 100 g Nutella
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a few baking trays (or however many you own) with baking paper
- To make the cookie dough, mix the egg and the Nutella together
- Add the flour and mix until you can't see any flour anymore
- Divide the dough into two pieces, then split one of the pieces into 10
- Roll each of the small pieces into balls using your hands, then flatten into discs and place onto the baking paper
- Spoon about 1 tsp of Nutella on top of each cookie dough disc
- Then split the other piece of cookies dough into 10, roll into balls and flatten into discs as before, then place each disc over the first disc, covering the Nutella filling and pressing down around the edges to seal the filling in
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, allow to cool on the tray for at least 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool fully
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place and eat within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Cookie & Biscuit recipes!
NB. This post is NOT sponsored by Nutella – I just love their product!
Thanks to MBakes for passing on this recipe to me!