As you may know if you’ve visited my blog before, I am a massive fan of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and pretty much all of their products. If I manage to avoid scoffing the whole pack when I buy PB cups, I love to bake with them. I’ve had the idea for this Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bundt Cake in my mind for a while, and I wasn’t sure if it would work. Well I am pleased to report it does, and it’s so incredibly delicious! This recipe is for a chocolate bundt cake – which is a cake baked in a round tin with a hole in the middle – with a peanut butter cheesecake filling. You can decorate it how ever you want, but I’ve drizzled it with warm peanut butter and melted milk chocolate, and finally topped it with Reese’s Pieces sweets and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. It’s chocolate and peanut butter heaven in cake form!
Step by step…
First, I made the peanut butter cheesecake filling first by mixing the ingredients together with an electric hand whisk until they were smooth.
Then I started on the chocolate sponge. I creamed the butter and sugar together, then whisked in the eggs and vanilla.
Next I mixed in the yoghurt, then finally I added the flour, cocoa and baking powder and whisked everything in.
To layer up the tin, I put in half of the chocolate sponge. Then I spooned in the cheesecake filling, making sure not to let it touch the edges of the tin. I added the remaining chocolate sponge batter over the top.
Once the sponge was baked and cooled fully, I drizzled the peanut butter and melted milk chocolate all over it.
I topped the Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bundt Cake with mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces.
The Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bundt Cake was a huge hit with my colleagues – probably one of the most popular cakes this year! They came in droves to get a slice and were full of praise for the flavour, which is always the best feedback. All the chocolate and peanut butter elements of the cake combine in the most nutty sweet and salty way, I just cannot resist this combination of flavours!!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Bundt tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Electric hand mixer||Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups|
|Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups||Reese’s Pieces|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Peanut Butter recipes…
|Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge||Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes||Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg Cheesecake (No Bake)|
|Chocolate & Peanut Butter Baked Donuts||Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies||Reese’s Peanut Butter Cake|
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bundt Cake
For the chocolate sponge
- 250 g Butter or baking spread
- 300 g Caster sugar
- 4 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 315 g Self raising flour
- 45 g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 150 g Natural yoghurt
For the peanut butter cheesecake filling
- 200 g Full fat cream cheese
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 100 g Peanut butter
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 75 g Milk chocolate melted
- 75 g Peanut butter smooth
- Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese's Pieces
- Pre-heat your oven to 150C Fan/170C/325F/Gas Mark 3, and grease and flour a large bundt tin
- Make the peanut butter cheesecake filling first by whisking together the ingredients until smooth. I used an electric whisk but you can do it by hand too. Set the mixture aside
- For the chocolate sponge, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract, and whisk in well
- Add the yoghurt and whisk in well
- Add the self raising flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Whisk in until you can't see any flour anymore
- Pour half of the chocolate cake batter into the tin, then add the cheesecake filling without letting it touch the sides of the tin
- Then add the remaining chocolate cake batter on top. Completely cover the cheesecake filling, but try not to disturb it
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Remove the cake from the tin by placing a cooling rack on top of the tin and flipping it over then removing the tin. Leave to cool completely
- Once the cake is cool drizzle over the peanut butter (I warmed it in the microwave for 20 second to make it easier to drizzle) then drizzle over the melted milk chocolate
- Add peanut butter cups, and/or Reese's Pieces on top as desired
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 3 days
NB. This post is NOT in anyway sponsored by Reese’s – I just love their product!
If you like this, check out more of my Cake recipes!
Pin for later!