Sometimes you really need an easy dessert that takes minutes to prepare, no baking or any special skills, and of course is absolutely yummy! These Banoffee Dessert Pots are all of those things, and the most work you need to do is whip up some cream, open a couple of tins and slice up some bananas. Despite being simple to make, they look super impressive and if you brought these out at a dinner party you'd be sure to get some ooohs and aaahs from your friends!
How to make Banoffee Dessert Pots...
In the serving glasses I layered up the crushed biscuits, then some caramel.
I added sliced bananas, then a layer of custard.
Then I whipped up some cream and piped it on top.
Some more slices of banana and a sprinkling of chocolate and the Banoffee Dessert Pots were ready to serve!
What caramel sauce should I use?
My favourite caramel sauce to use is my Homemade Caramel Sauce, it's rich, smooth and absolutely divine! You can also easily add salt to it to make it into a salted caramel sauce. If you don't want to make your own, it's quite easy nowadays to find a good quality ready made caramel (or salted caramel) sauce in the shops or online. I have used Tesco's Finest, Bonn Maman and Carnation Caramel in the past with great results.
And they were so yummy, all the layers work so well together and the biscuits add a crunchy texture too. If you're a banoffee pie fan then you will adore these little pots of deliciousness!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Serving glasses||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More dessert pot recipes...
|Oreo Dessert Pots||Lemon Meringue Dessert Pots|
More Banoffee recipes...
|Banoffee Cheesecake (No Bake)||Banoffee Cupcakes|
Banoffee Dessert Pots
- 100 g Digestive biscuits or ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 250 g Caramel good quality shop bought, or homemade
- 3 Bananas
- 400 g Can of ready made custard
- 300 ml Double cream
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Chocolate flake bar or grated milk choc
- Split the crushed digestive biscuits between the serving glasses - the glasses I used have a 250ml capacity
- Add a layer of caramel to each glass
- Then add slices of banana
- Next, add a layer of the custard
- Whip up the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla, then dollop or pipe it over the custard
- Brush the remaining slices of banana with the lemon juice so they don't go brown quickly, and push them into the cream
- Finally sprinkle with the grated chocolate, or crushed up flake bar
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
Pin for later!