I love making these individual desserts for events like dinner parties as they make the sweet course SO easy. These Mini Egg Dessert Pots are no bake, and you can make them earlier in the day and pop them in the fridge for later. They'd be perfect for a Easter themed dinner party or family meal! You could get the kids involved in making them too as they are so simple to put together and layer up. They are made up of chocolate cheesecake, whipped cream and crushed Mini Eggs - it's such a delicious combination! The whipped cream lightens the whole thing too so it doesn't feel too overly chocolatey or heavy. They really are just perfect and so tasty in my opinion, I hope you like them too!
How to make Mini Egg Dessert Pots
For the cheesecake filling, mix together mascarpone cheese, cocoa powder, icing sugar and a little milk. Then bashed up the Mini Eggs.
Layer up your serving glasses with some cheesecake first, then some whipped cream.
Then add some of the Mini Eggs and more cheesecake. On top add more whipped cream and more Mini Eggs.
How do you crush the Mini Eggs?
I put the Mini Eggs into a bowl and use the end of a heavy wooden rolling pin to bash them. A pestle and mortar would be excellent for this too. Bash them with firm force, but don't hit too hard or bits will go flying everywhere!
Do you have to use mascarpone cheese?
No, you can also use full fat cream cheese if you prefer!
What serving glasses should you use?
The serving glasses I use are actually small drinking glasses. I think they are designed for short drinks like whiskey. They have a 250ml capacity. If you don't have any small glasses that would be suitable, you can serve the Mini Egg Dessert Pots in bowls. If you want a more elegant look, you could serve them in martini glasses. Remember that if you use much bigger or much smaller glasses than me, that you will get different serving sizes.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
- Electric hand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Mini Eggs
- Kitchen scales
- Piping bags
- Serving glasses
- Pestle & Mortar
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Mini Egg recipes...
More dessert pot recipes...
Mini Egg Dessert Pots
- 200 g Mini Eggs crushed
For the chocolate cheesecake layers
- 600 g Mascarpone
- 2 ½ tbsp Cocoa powder sieved
- 90 g Icing sugar sieved
- 2 tbsp Milk
For the whipped cream
- 300 ml Double cream
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Prepare the chocolate cheesecake layer by mixing together the mascarpone, icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk to loosen the mixture, you may need more or less milk depending on the brand of mascarpone you use so add it slowly.
- Then whip up the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla extract
- Add some of the cheesecake mixture to the bottom of your serving glasses - the glasses I used have a 250ml capacity
- Top with some whipped cream and some crushed Mini Eggs
- Divide the remaining cheesecake mixture between the glasses, top with cream and more Mini Eggs!
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge and eat within 2 days.