Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favourite combinations, and I'm also a huge baked donut fan - I have lots of baked donut recipes on my blog. So these Chocolate & Peanut Butter Baked Donuts were bound to happen eventually! They are a baked peaut butter flavoured donut, which are so simple to make with a donut pan. I highly recommend investing in a donut pan (or two!), they are not expensive and they're easy to obtain from Amazon, plus there are so many yummy baked donut recipes on my blog that you'll be able to make with them! Then I've dipped them in milk chocolate and drizzled them with peanut butter - delicious!
How to make Chocolate & Peanut Butter Baked Donuts...
In a mixing bowl I stirred together the flour, salt and sugar. In another bowl I whisked up the milk with the eggs, oil and peanut butter.
Then I poured the egg mixture into the flour and whisked them together. I put the batter into a piping bag and divided it between the donut tins.
They baked for 12 minutes, then I removed them from the tins and left them to cool.
I melted the dark chocolate and dipped the top half of each donut into it. Then I drizzled warmed peanut butter over them and left them to set.
The Chocolate & Peanut Butter Baked Donuts were absolutely divine and just the thing for a chocolate and peanut butter lover like me.
Although it's super hard to resist tucking in straight away, baked donuts get more moist the next day so if you can wait, or there are any leftovers, then you're in for a treat!
Do I need a donut pan to make this recipe?
The simple answer is yes! I highly recommend investing in a donut pan* (or two!), they are not expensive and they’re easy to obtain from Amazon, plus there are so many yummy baked donut recipes on my blog that you’ll be able to make with them!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Donut tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Piping bags|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Peanut Butter recipes...
|Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge||Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes||Reese's Peanut Butter Egg Cheesecake (No Bake)|
|Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bundt Cake||Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies||Reese's Peanut Butter Cake|
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Baked Donuts
For the donuts
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 175 ml Milk cow's or plant milk will both work
- 30 ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs large
- 50 g Peanut butter
- 225 g Self raising flour
- Butter or baking spread for greasing
- 250 g Milk chocolate melted
- 50 g Peanut butter warmed
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease two donut tins with the butter
- Mix together the caster sugar, milk, vegetable oil, peanut butter and eggs in a bowl with a whisk
- Add the self raising flour and whisk in
- Divide the batter between the trays. You can put the batter into a piping bag to make it a bit neater to dispense into the trays, but you can do it with a spoon too
- Bake them for 12 minutes, then remove them from the tin (I use a spoon to gently prise them out) and leave to cool on a cooling rack
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave, make sure to use a microwave safe bowl. Heat the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir it, then heat in 10 second bursts, stirring in between
- Set the donuts onto a rack with a baking tray or some baking paper underneath to catch any drips of chocolate
- Dip the top half of the donuts in the milk chocolate and place back on the rack
- Warm the peanut butter for 30 seconds in he microwave, put it in a small piping bag and cut a small amount off the end, drizzle it over the wet milk chocolate. Or you could drizzle with a spoon
- Leave to set, or put them in the fridge to set the chocolate faster
- Store leftover in an airtight container and eat within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Donut recipes!
Pin for later!