I have a slight obsession with Reese's peanut butter cups, it is clearly well known by my family and friends from the sheer volume of Reese's related treats I get at Christmas and birthday times! I've been wanting to make a cookie recipe that involves one of my favourite treats, so I've created these Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies! They contain not only chopped up peanut butter cups, but also peanut butter for extra nutty flavour. I've dipped them in chocolate then added chopped up Reese's Pieces, or you could also use chopped up peanuts!
Step by step...
I started by mixing the butter, peanut butter and golden caster sugar together.
Then I added the egg and mixed it in.
Next I mixed in the plain flour and baking powder, then I folded in the chopped up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
I rolled the batter into balls and placed onto lined baking trays, then I baked the cookies for 14 minutes until they were golden brown.
To decorate the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies I dipped them in melted milk chocolate and then sprinkled them with crushed up Reese's Pieces.
The Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies were my peanut and chocolate dream come true!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Baking trays||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups||Reese's Pieces|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Peanut Butter recipes...
|Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge||Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes||Reese's Peanut Butter Egg Cheesecake (No Bake)|
|Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bundt Cake||Chocolate & Peanut Butter Baked Donuts||Reese's Peanut Butter Cake|
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
For the cookies
- 100 g Butter or baking spread
- 25 g Peanut Butter
- 200 g Golden caster sugar
- 1 Egg large
- 200 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 120 g Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped
For the decoration
- 175 g Milk chocolate melted
- 100 g Reese's Pieces crushed/chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a few baking trays (or however many you own) with baking paper
- Mix the butter, peanut butter and golden caster sugar together in a large bowl using a spoon
- Add the egg and mix in
- Mix in the plain flour and baking powder
- Fold in the peanut butter cups
- Take blobs of the mixture and roll them into balls with your hands, place onto the lined baking trays, leave space between the cookies as they will spread
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until they are golden brown, leave them on the tray for 5 minutes before carefully removing and placing on racks to cool fully
- To decorate, dip half of the cookies into the milk chocolate and sprinkle on the crushed Reese's Pieces. Place onto a sheet of baking paper to set
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. They also be frozen without the decoration
NB. This post is NOT in anyway sponsored by Reese's - I just love their product!
If you like this, check out more of my Cookie recipes!
Pin for later!