These Orange & Cranberry Cookies bring together two classic Christmas flavours into an easy cookie recipe. Of course, you can make and eat these cookies any time of year, but they are especially good in autumn and winter. They are made with dried cranberries and orange zest, I added a little orange extract for an extra boost of citrus flavour, and I've used golden caster sugar for a hint of caramel flavour. If you like to make edible gifts, or cookies boxes, for your friends and family, then this recipe is a perfect and easy to make option!
How to make Orange & Cranberry Cookies...
I creamed the butter and golden caster sugar together. I added the egg, orange zest and range extract, and stirred them together.
Then I mixed in the plain flour and baking powder, and folded in the dried cranberries.
I rolled the mixture into balls and placed them onto lined baking trays.I baked the cookies for 14 minutes until they were golden brown.
The Orange & Cranberry Cookies were so yummy, fruity and perfectly soft in the centre!
Tips for making the Orange & Cranberry Cookies:
- I decided to keep the cookies simple and not add any decoration, but you could drizzle them with melted dark chocolate or use the juice of the orange to make an icing and drizzle that over them. Both would be very tasty, but they're also great as they are!
- If you can't get hold of golden caster sugar, it's ok to use regular caster sugar too.
- You can easily freeze these cookies, so you could save time and make them in advance for Christmas gifts!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Baking trays||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Zester||Orange extract|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Orange & Cranberry Cookies
- 125 g Butter or baking spread
- 200 g Golden caster sugar
- 1 Egg large
- 1 Large orange zest only
- ½ tsp Orange extract
- 200 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 100 g Dried cranberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a few baking trays (or however many you own) with baking paper
- Cream the butter and golden caster sugar together in a large bowl using a spoon
- Add the egg, orange zest and orange extract, and mix them in
- Mix in the plain flour and baking powder
- Fold in the dried cranberries
- Roll blobs of the mixture between your hands then place them onto your lined baking trays, leave space between the cookies as they will spread
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until they are golden brown, leave them on the tray for 5 minutes before carefully removing and placing on racks to cool fully
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. They can also be frozen
If you like this, check out more of my Cookie recipes!
Pin it for later!