A trip to the cinema or a movie night at home would not be complete without some delicious popcorn to snack on! This Nutella popcorn is coated in a mix of Nutella, butter and light brown sugar for an absolutely gorgeous flavour. It's crunchy, sweet and absolute Nutella heaven for your next movie night!
To make this recipe, I used the Russell Hobbs Popcorn Maker which I was sent by JD Williams. I've always thought of them as a clothing and sportswear shop, but they also sell a great variety of small kitchen appliances too! Usually I make popcorn in a pan with a bit of oil, and the wait while it heats up can be quite boring. I'm stood there watching it like a hawk and waiting for it to start popping for what seems like an eternity when all I want to do is get my popcorn and put my movie on!
Well, the Russell Hobbs Popcorn Maker impressed me so much with how quickly and easily I had a warm freshly popped snack ready to eat. All I did was scoop up some popcorn kernels with the provided measuring spoon, pour them into the popcorn maker, place the lid on and flick the switch. In under one minute I had a bowl full of popcorn! I couldn't believe how fast it was! You could literally do this in an advert break. If you want to flavour the popcorn, you'll need a bit more time, but it's still a really quick process and you're saving time in the long run. It's also better for you as you don't need any oil, the corn is air popped, so if you're watching calories you have control over this as you only need to count the flavours and topping you add afterwards.
How to make Nutella Popcorn
To make the Nutella Popcorn, put the ingredients in a pan on low heat until they melt together and the sugar dissolves. Then boil for 5 minutes. Stirr in the fresh popcorn until it is fully coated. Spread the popcorn out onto a lined baking tray and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until it is dry and crispy. To serve, top the popcorn with a drizzle of warm Nutella - divine!
Can you make this recipe without a popcorn maker?
Yes! To make popcorn without a popcorn maker, you need to heat up a little oil in a pan on a medium heat, and add your popcorn kernels in an even layer. Cover with the pan lid and wait, you will hear them popping once the oil gets hot enough. When they're all popped, you can remove the lid and flavour the popcorn to your liking.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Nutella recipes...
- Nutella Bueno Loaf Cake
- Nutella Meringue Roulade
- Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart
- Nutella Baked Donuts
- Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls
- Nutella Bueno Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Nutella Cheesecake Blondies
- Nutella Bueno Cupcakes
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Cherry & Nutella Chocolate Cake
- Nutella Kinder Bueno Brownies
- Nutella Cake
- Nutella Popsicles
- 50 g Popcorn kernels
- 95 g Light brown sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 140 g Nutella
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Nutella warmed, for drizzling
- Use your popcorn maker to pop the popcorn kernels, then place the popcorn into a large mixing bowl
- Put the Nutella, butter and sugar in a pan on low heat until they melted together and the sugar dissolved. Then bring to the boil for 5 minutes, keep stirring as it boils
- Take off the heat, add the vanilla and mix in, then pour the mixture over the fresh popcorn and mix until it is fully coated
- Bake on 180C Fan/200C/400F/Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes or until the popcorn has dried out and gone crispy
- Drizzle over the warm Nutella right before serving. It is best eaten fresh, but you can store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
NB. This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.