I’m so excited to share my first Easter recipe of the year! I’ve created recipes around all of the popular Easter chocolate treats which I’ll be sharing in the run up to Easter. First I bring you these luxurious and indulgent Galaxy Golden Egg Millionaire’s Shortbread. Galaxy Golden Eggs have a beautiful golden shimmering exterior, and inside is creamy Galaxy chocolate and crunchy bits. The fact they are golden made me think of decadence and luxury. Millionaire’s shortbread immediately came to mind! This Galaxy Golden Egg Millionaire’s Shortbread features buttery shortbread, gooey caramel and milk and white chocolate swirled on top. A luxury Easter treat!
Step by step…
To make the biscuit base I mixed together butter, golden caster sugar and flour. I pressed it into the bottom of a line tin. It baked for 30 minutes until it was golden brown. I let it cool completely.
I made the caramel by melting together butter, sugar and condensed milk. Once it was melted I turned up the heat and let it bubble for 7 minutes. I poured the caramel on top of the biscuit base and put it in the fridge to cool and set.
Next, I brought the caramel and biscuit back to room temperature before adding the melted chocolate. I smoothed the milk chocolate all over then added the white chocolate in blobs.
Then I used a cocktail stick to swirl the mixture around, then added the Galaxy Golden eggs in neat rows.
Let the chocolate set at room temperature and it will be much easier to cut into neat slices. If you really can’t wait, set in the fridge, then use a hot knife (be careful!) to melt through the chocolate. The Galaxy Golden Egg Millionaire’s Shortbread was absolutely sumptuous, and every bite felt like complete decadence.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Traybake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
If you can’t find golden eggs, you could use Mini Eggs, Smarties Eggs, or any other chocolate eggs you like! You could also use Galaxy chocolate for the topping if you’re feeling flush (or it’s on offer!)
More Galaxy Golden Egg recipes…
|Chocolate & Caramel Golden Egg Cupcakes||Simnel Spiced Easter Cheesecake|
More millionaire’s shortbread recipes…
|Millionaire’s Shortbread||Vegan Millionaire’s Shortbread||Snickers Millionaire’s Shortbread|
|Jaffa Cake Millionaire’s Shortbread|
Galaxy Golden Egg Millionaire's Shortbread
For the biscuit base
- 300 g Plain flour
- 125 g Golden caster sugar
- 265 g Butter
For the caramel layer
- 150 g Butter
- 150 g Light brown sugar
- 397 g Condensed milk
For the chocolate topping & decoration
- 350 g Milk chocolate melted
- 75 g White chocolate melted
- 35 Galaxy Golden Eggs optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Lined a 12 x 9 traybake tin with baking paper
- To make the biscuit base, mix together the butter, golden caster sugar and plain flour. Then press it into the bottom of a line tin in an even layer all over
- Bake it for 30 minutes until it is golden brown. Do not remove it from the tin, and let it cool completely
- To make the caramel, melt together the butter, light brown sugar and condensed milk. Once it is melted, turn up the heat, keep stirring it constantly, and boil for 5-7 minutes until thick and golden
- Carefully pour the hot caramel on top of the biscuit base and put it in the fridge to cool and set for at least 2 hours
- Bring the caramel and biscuit back to room temperature before adding the melted chocolate otherwise the chocolate will harden and set before you can swirl it together. Smooth the milk chocolate all over then added the white chocolate in blobs
- Use a cocktail stick to swirl the white chocolate into the milk chocolate to create a pretty pattern, then add the Galaxy Golden eggs in neat rows
- Leave the chocolate to set at room temperature, then remove from the tin, slice into squares and gobble up!
- Kept in the fridge, it will last for 2 weeks
If you like this, check out more of my Millionaire Shortbread recipes!
Or you might like my Easter recipes!
Pin for later!