Homemade ice cream is honestly one of the best desserts! I personally will eat ice cream anytime of year, it doesn't have to be hot weather for me to enjoy it - and I'm sure many of you are the same! This creamy chocolate Mini Egg Ice Cream is so delicious and so moreish. Plus it's packed with Mini Egg pieces in every bite!
This kind of ice cream is no churn, which means you don't need an ice cream maker to make it. The most amount of equipment you need is an electric whisk. You could whip the double cream by hand, but to avoid aching arms I recommend using an electric whisk!
How to make Mini Egg Ice Cream...
To make the ice cream I mixed together the cocoa powder, condensed milk and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl I whisked double cream to soft peaks, then folded it into the condensed milk mixture.
I mixed crushed Mini Eggs into the mixture, and poured it into a container, then decorated the top with a bit more Mini Eggs, both crushed and whole. Then I put it in the freezer overnight.
Can I use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk?
No, you must use condensed milk for this recipe to work.
What container should I use?
I used a 2lb loaf tin purely for aesthetic purposes, however this recipe makes a little extra than fits in the tin. I would recommend a 2.5L plastic tupperware container with a lid, to prevent freezer burn. Or you can split the mixture between smaller containers if you don’t have one big one.
What is the best way to crush the Mini Eggs?
I place the Mini Eggs into a bowl and use the end of a wooden rolling pin to gently, but firmly, bash them up. You will figure out the right pressure to use after a few bashes. Or, you can put them in a ziploc style bag and bash them from the outside with a rolling pin in the same way. It's similar to breaking up biscuits for a cheesecake base!
Tips for making the Mini Egg Ice Cream:
- If you want to make this into a vanilla ice cream, simply leave out the cocoa powder. You could also add some vanilla bean paste for extra flavour.
- It’s best to use an electric hand mixer, or a stand mixer, to whisk up the double cream. It will take much longer by hand and require a lot of work!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Mini Egg recipes...
|Easter Chocolate Cake||Mini Egg Chocolate Loaf Cake||Easter Nest Cupcakes|
|Mini Egg Dessert Pots||Easter Speckled Egg Drip Cake||Mini Layered Easter Cakes|
|Chocolate Meringue Easter Nests||Chocolate Baked Donut Easter Nests|
Mini Egg Ice Cream (No Churn)
For the ice cream
- 397 g Condensed milk
- 30 g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 600 ml Double cream
- 200 g Mini Eggs crushed
- 60 g Mini Eggs some crushed, some whole
- Mix the condensed milk, vanilla extract and cocoa powder together in a mixing bowl, use a whisk or a spoon
- In another bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip up the double cream to soft peaks
- Gently fold the cream into the condensed milk mixture using a spoon or spatula
- Then fold in the crushed Mini Eggs
- Put the ice cream mixture into a 2.5 litre tub, decorate the top with more Mini Eggs
- Put the ice cream in the freezer overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
Pin it for later!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share.