I’ve made these Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes sooo many times but I’ve never shared the recipe as I thought there would be lots of other similar recipes online. After having a look I noticed that the majority of Oreo cupcake recipes use a chocolate sponge. I’ve always made them with vanilla, I’m not sure why but this is the way I like them! It also makes this recipe super adaptable to the other Oreo flavours like mint, strawberry cheesecake, or peanut butter, as vanilla goes with pretty much everything! Hidden at the bottom of the cupcake is an Oreo biscuit that’s baked into them, then they’re topped with Oreo buttercream and another Oreo biscuit on top. They’re basically Oreo heaven!
How to make Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes…
To make the sponge I started by creaming together the butter and sugar, then I whisked in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Then I added the self raising flour and whisked until smooth.
I placed an oreo into each cupcake case, then added the batter on top.
They baked for 25 minutes until golden.
I mixed up a buttercream using butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Then I stirred in oreo crumbs.
I piped it onto the cupcakes, then added an Oreo biscuit on top.
The Oreo fan in your life will absolutely love these Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||Piping bags|
|White cupcake cases||Wilton 2D Piping nozzle||Oreos|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Oreo recipes…
|Vegan Oreo Brownies||Oreo Dessert Pots||Cookies & Cream Oreo Drip Cake|
|Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake (No Bake)||Oreo Rocky Road|
Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes
For the sponge
- 175 g Butter or baking spread
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs large
- 175 Self raising flour
- 12 Oreo biscuits
For the buttercream
- 225 g Butter or baking spread
- 450 g Icing sugar
- 130 g Oreo biscuits crushed
- 12 Oreo biscuits
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases and put an Oreo biscuit in the bottom of each cupcake case
- To make the sponge, mix together the butter and sugar, using a silicone or wooden spoon, until smooth
- Add the eggs and vanila extract and whisk well
- Then whisk in the self raising flour
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake cases
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean. Leave to cool completely
- Make the buttercream by mixing together the butter and icing sugar. You can do this by hand or with an electric whisk. Once it's smooth, stir in the Oreo crumbs
- Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake using a piping bag fitted with a nozzle. Or spread on with a spoon. Then add an Oreo biscuit on top. The biscuits will go soft after being in contact with the buttercream for a while, so add the biscuit on top as close to serving as you can
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
NB. This post is NOT sponsored by Oreo, I just love their product!
If you like this, check out more of my Cupcake recipes!
Pin it for later!