As much as I love Pancake Day, pancakes get much more dedication than just one day in my house! I love to eat them for my breakfast at the weekend, a family brunch or for a special occasion. This recipe for Oreo Pancakes, served with raspberries & creme fraiche is a perfect breakfast treat. The creme fraiche (or you could serve with whipped cream) really adds to the cookies and cream flavour! They're also super easy and quick to make in a blender.
Yes, that's right, you make the batter for these pancakes in a blender! It's so easy and quick, just pop all the ingredients into your blender and whizz up till smooth. I use my NutriBullet and it takes under 1 minute to make the batter. Definitely a speedy trick you will appreciate if you've got hungry kids waiting for their pancakes!
The recipe and photos for this post were updated in January 2021.
How to make Easy Oreo Pancakes
To make the batter, put the plain flour, baking powder, caster sugar, egg, vanilla extract, milk and oreos into your blender. Blend until combined.
Add spoonfuls of the batter into a pre-heated frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip them over using a spatula and cook them on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
Can you make the Easy Oreo Pancakes without a blender?
Yes! If you would like to make them without a blender, put the plain flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl and stir together. In another bowl or jug, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, whisking as you pour, and whisk till fully combined.
Crush the Oreos into crumbs using a rolling pin, either in a bowl or a ziploc bag. Then stir the crumbs into the pancake batter.
Tips for making the Easy Oreo Pancakes:
- You can serve the pancakes with whipped cream instead of creme fraiche, or swap the raspberries for strawberries or blueberries.
- There are so many different Oreo flavours you could try out in these pancakes! The peanut butter ones would be yummy for example.
Recommended Equipment and Ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More pancake recipes...
More Oreo recipes...
Easy Oreo Pancakes
For the pancakes
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil for greasing the pan
- 250 g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- 300 ml Milk either plant or animal milk
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 8 Oreo biscuits
- 6 Oreos
- 300 ml Creme Fraiche
- 250 g Raspberries
- 150 ml Maple syrup
- Put a non stick frying pan on a medium heat
- Put the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, egg, milk, vanilla extract and oreos into a blender and blend until smooth
- Spoon or pour the batter into the frying pan, you can make a large pancake or lots of smaller ones
- Let the pancakes cook for 2-3 minutes until a few bubble appear on top and they no longer look wet, then flip over, and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Serve immediately with a dollop of creme fraiche, fresh raspberries, whole or crumbled Oreos and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container once fully cool, store in the fridge. Warm on a microwave safe plate for 30-60 seconds (depending on the wattage of your microwave). Eat within 2 days
If you like this, check out more of my Pancake recipes!
NB. This post is NOT sponsored by Oreo - I just love their product!