How to make Mango & Lime Muffins...
I started by soaking the mango in boiling water, then draining it off. In a large mixing bowl I mixed together the butter and sugar, then added lime zest.
Next I whisked in the eggs, then the self raising flour. Finally, I folded in the mango.
I divided the mixture between 12 muffin cases and baked for 20 minutes. To decorate I melted white chocolate and drizzled it over the muffins. Then I garnished with lime zest.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Cupcake tin||Electric hand mixer||White cupcake cases|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
Tips for making the Mango & Lime Muffins:
- To decorate the muffins with the white chocolate, I hold the muffin on it's side over the bowl of melted chocolate. Then I use a fork to gently flick and drizzle the chocolate over the top. If you prefer a neater finish, you can also use a piping bag.
- You can also use fresh mango for this recipe.
- The muffins can be frozen without the decoration. Wrap them well, or place in a airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months.
More muffin recipes...
|Double Chocolate & Strawberry Muffins||Courgette, Flaxseed & Lemon Muffins||Cheese & Red Pepper Muffins|
More recipes using lime...
|Coconut & Lime Loaf Cake||Mojito Cheesecake (No Bake)||Key Lime Pie|
Mango & Lime Muffins
For the muffins
- 70 g Dried mango
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 175 g Butter or baking spread
- 2 Limes zest only
- 3 Eggs large
- 175 g Self raising flour
- 50 g White chocolate
- 1 Limes zest only
- Start by cutting any larger pieces of mango up and then soak all of the mango in 80ml boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Drain off the water and set aside
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line a cupcake tin with paper cases
- Mix together the caster sugar, butter and the lime zest until smooth and fluffy
- Add the eggs and whisk in
- Gently mix in the self raising flour, then fold in the mango
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Put them on a rack to cool completely
- To decorate melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the muffins. Then garnish with the lime zest
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place, eat leftovers within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Muffin recipes!
Pin it for later!