These individual Vegan Gingerbread Trifles are so easy to make and I can guarantee they'll be enjoyed by both vegan and non-vegan guests! A lot of the ingredients are shop bought, so they are minimal effort to put together. I was easily able to find vegan suitable gingerbread men in Tesco - although if you can't find any I have a recipe for Vegan Gingerbread Men. I couldn't find any suitable shop bought ginger cake, but I know you can get hold of it from Sainsburys and Ocado (and via the Amazon link at the end of this post). So I made one instead and it was absolutely delicious, my colleagues gladly scoffed up the leftovers! When I served the Vegan Gingerbread Trifles to my friends I didn't mention they were vegan, and no one had a clue, which just shows how yummy and indulgent they are!
How to make Vegan Gingerbread Trifles...
You can make or buy the ginger cake for the cake layer, just check the ingredients to make sure any shop bought is vegan friendly. I decided to make a ginger cake and I used a recipe from Domestic Gothess.
I broke up the ginger cake and layered it into my serving glasses. Then I drizzled some ginger syrup over it and added a layer of the dairy free custard.
Next was more cake, more syrup and more custard!
Finally I whipped up the coconut cream with the maple syrup and vanilla and topped the trifle with a good pile of it. Then in went the little gingerbread men and a sprinkle of chopped crystallised ginger.
The flavour of the Vegan Gingerbread Trifles really is made by the cake, so I do recommend making the cake, or buying a good quality one. The ginger syrup is optional, but does add that extra ginger punch!
It's really handy having the Vegan Gingerbread Trifles individually sized too as you can just made as many as you need and you don't have to worry about leftovers. (Although if you want, you could make it in a big dish too!) They'd be great at a Christmas dinner party or for dessert on Christmas day!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Serving glasses||Mixing bowls||Electric hand mixer|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Gingerbread recipes...
|Gingerbread Loaf Cake||Gingerbread House||Ginger & Lemon Cake|
|Vegan Gingerbread Men||Gingerbread Cupcakes||Gingerbread Bonfire Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce|
|Gingerbread Cake with Ginger Buttercream||Gingerbread Traybake|
Vegan Gingerbread Trifles
- 100 g Ginger cake homemade or shop bought
- 500 g Dairy free custard I used Alpro
- 2 tbsp Ginger syrup from a jar of stem ginger or ginger liquor
- 2 x 400 ml cans Coconut milk (use only the white fat on top) left in the fridge for a couple of hours before using
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Mini gingerbread men homemade or shop bought
- 2-3 tbsp Crystallised ginger chopped up
- Break up the gingerbread cake and layer it in the bottom of your serving glasses (the ones I used have a capacity of 250ml), then drizzle over 1 tbsp of the ginger syrup
- Pour some of the custard on top
- Add more broken up cake, syrup, and another layer of custard
- Whip up the coconut milk with the maple syup and vanilla until thick
- Add it on top of the custard, then sprinkle over some of the crystallised ginger and stick a gingerbread man in the top!
- Serve immedieately, eat leftovers within 1 day
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
Or you might like more of my Vegan recipes!
Pin for later!