I personally don’t need hot weather to enjoy ice cream, especially this Chocolate Orange Ice Cream. I could eat it all year round! It’s a no churn ice cream, so you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it. I absolutely love how easy no churn ice cream is to make! It’s just a matter of mixing the ingredients together, whipping the cream and folding it all together. Then you can add toppings or fillings as you wish. I mixed a whole chopped up Terry’s Chocolate Orange into this ice cream for nuggets of delicious chocolate with every bite!
How to make Chocolate Orange Ice Cream…
To make the ice cream I mixed together the cocoa powder, condensed milk and orange extract. In a seperate bowl I whisked double cream to soft peaks, then folded it into the condensed milk mixture.
I mixed chopped Terry’s Chocolate Orange into the mixture, and poured it into a container, then decorated the top with a bit more chocolate. Then I put it in the freezer overnight.
What if I can’t get hold of Terry’s Chocolate Orange?
You could mix some milk or dark chocolate chips into the ice cream, or chopped chocolate pieces.
Can I use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk?
No, you must use condensed milk for this recipe to work.
What container should I use?
I used a 2lb loaf tin purely for aesthetic purposes, however this recipe makes a little extra than fits in the tin. I would recommend a 2.5L plastic tupperware container with a lid, to prevent freezer burn. Or you can split the mixture between smaller containers if you don’t have one big one.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Ice cream scoop||Mixing bowls||Terry’s Chocolate Orange|
|Kitchen scales||Orange extract||Electric hand mixer|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More chocolate orange recipes…
Chocolate Orange Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 397 g Condensed milk
- 30 g Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Orange extract
- 600 ml Double cream
- 1 Terry's Chocolate Orange
- Mix the condensed milk, orange extract and cocoa powder together in a mixing bowl
- In another bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip up the double cream to soft peaks
- Gently fold the cream into the condensed milk mixture using a spoon or spatula
- Chop up the Terry's Chocolate Orange into small chocolate chip size pieces
- Gently mix most of the Terry's Chocolate Orange into the ice cream, reserve some to decorate the top if you like
- Put the ice cream mixture into a 2.5 litre tub, put it in the freezer overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
Pin it for later!
I’m linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share hosted by A Strong Coffee.