If you're a fan of the delicious combination that is chocolate and orange, or you're wondering what to make with some Terry's Chocolate Orange, this collection of tasty chocolate orange recipes will give you lots of ideas and inspiration! There's everything here from easy no bake treats to showstopping cakes. There is a chocolate orange recipe for every occassion!
This post may contain affliate links. I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is Terry's Chocolate Orange?
Terry's Chocolate Orange is a solid sphere of chocolate, flavoured with orange oil. Give it a quick bash on the table, open the orange foil and it breaks into 20 segments. It's a popular chocolate treat all year round, but it particularly popular at Christmas. It's available in milk, dark and white chocolate. You can also get toffee and popping candy versions, chocolate orange bars, mini eggs and there's even a mint flavoured version!
Is chocolate orange a British thing?
Terry's Chocolate Orange originates from the UK, and is most well known and popular there, but you can get hold of it around the world. It was invented in the 1930s in York, England.
Is Terry's Chocolate Orange vegan?
Unfortunately the Terry's Chocolate Orange ball is not vegan as it contains dairy. Terry's have recently brought out a plant based chocolate bar, and there are plenty of dairy free and vegan chocolate orange treats available. One of my favourites are Buttermilk Zingy Orange Choccy Segments. I also like Galaxy's Vegan Orange Bar, Nomo's Choc Orange Crunch Bar and Montezuma's Milk Chocolate Alternative with Orange.
Where can you buy Terry's Chocolate Orange?
You can find Terry's Chocolate Orange products in most British supermarkets, convenience stores and corner shops. It's also available in Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Or you can buy Terry's Chocolate Orange online.
1. Chocolate Orange Cake
2. Chocolate Orange Drip Cake
3. Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
4. Vegan Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
5. White Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
6. Chocolate Orange Cookies
7. Vegan Chocolate Orange Cookies
8. Chocolate Orange Ice Cream
9. Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
10. Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake
11. Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake
12. Chocolate Orange Brownies
13. Chocolate Orange Fudge
14. Vegan Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
15. Chocolate Orange Custard Tart
16. Chocolate Orange Baked Donuts
17. Chocolate Orange Rocky Road
18. Chocolate Orange Biscotti
19. Chocolate Orange Traybake Cake
20. Chocolate Orange Pancakes
21. Chocolate Orange Easter Egg Cheesecake
22. Chocolate Orange Yule Log
What else can you do with Terry's Chocolate Orange?
If these recipes using chocolate orange are a bit too much effort for you right now, then here are some even easier and quicker uses for chocolate orange:
- Add a few segments into hot porridge
- Chop some up and mix it into pancake batter
- Sprinkle over ice cream
- Add into warm rice pudding
- Mix into hot custard to make chocolate orange custard
- Eat it as it is!