This Lemon Curd Ice Cream recipe is the perfect treat for summer! It's a super easy to make no churn ice cream that's creamy and zesty. You don't need an ice cream maker to make it, so it's quick and simple to create. I've swirled lemon curd throughout the ice cream for a beautiful leman tang, just what you need on a warm summer's day!
How to make Lemon Curd Ice Cream
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, lemon zest and lemon extract. In another bowl, whip up the double cream. Then gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture.
Layer the ice cream mixture into your chosen tin, adding blobs of lemon curd between each layer, and swirling it round with a cocktail stick. Repeat this until the ice cream mixture is used up.
What lemon curd should you use?
If you are using a shop bought lemon curd, make sure to get a good quality one. They are worth the extra pennies for that delicious lemon zing! If you fancy giving Homemade Lemon Curd a try, check out my recipe. It's easy and quick to make with only a few ingredients, it's also creamy and silky smooth, and the flavour is incredible!
Can you use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk?
No, you must use condensed milk for this recipe to work.
What container should you use?
I used a 2lb loaf tin purely for aesthetic purposes, however this recipe makes a little extra than fits in the tin. I would recommend a 2.5L plastic tupperware container with a lid, to prevent freezer burn. Or you can split the mixture between smaller containers if you don't have one big one.
More tips for making the Lemon Curd Ice Cream
- You don't have to decorate with the yellow sprinkles, I just thought it looked fun!
- It’s best to use an electric hand mixer, or a stand mixer, to whisk up the double cream. It will take much longer by hand and require a lot of work!
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More lemon curd recipes...
Lemon Curd Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 397 g Condensed milk
- 1 Lemon, zest only
- 1 tsp Lemon extract
- 600 ml Double cream
- 200 g Lemon curd
- Mix the condensed milk, lemon extract and lemon zest together in a mixing bowl
- In another bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip up the double cream to soft peaks
- Gently fold the cream into the condensed milk mixture using a spoon or spatula
- Layer about a third of the ice cream mixture into a 2.5 litre tub, and add blobs of lemon curd all over, then use a cocktail stock to swirl them around
- Add more ice cream mixture on top, and more lemon curd, and keep going until everything is used up
- Put in the freezer overnight or for at least 4 hours to set
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months
If you like this, check out more of my Dessert recipes!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share.